General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley site updated 2010 models.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy1
Is anyone else underwhelmed?
nothing earth shattering...just re arrange what you've already got basically. I'd say all the much adue about nothing. Those screamin eagle ultra's paint jobs are beginning to look too cartoonish. Flames are getting old....real old.......what happened to all the watercooling that some were talking about? I love my harley...but it's time to retire Willie and his boutique staff....Let's get some real earth shattering stuff going....not just flippin paints and parts between all the same old models and calling them new. I know, I know....blasphemy.....but you know it's truer than you'd like. I was actually excited to see what they'd do...but it's just a new version of last year...and the year before.

Last edited by stevengb; 07-25-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:17 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I guess we'll have to wait until 2011 for the water cooled versions.

And I was so looking forward to "what to put in my radiator" posts. Plain water, or synthetic.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:19 AM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy1
Is anyone else underwhelmed?
Yes, I am! If I were a dealer employee that flew to Denver for this unveiling, I'd be bummed big time. Other than the helical cut 5th gear in the trans (something Harley denied was a problem all along), I see nothing to get excited about.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:21 AM
road_king_rob
Tourer

I think they should dress up their radio/cd player. Every electronic item you see anymore has color. You spend 25k on a bike - it would be nice to have a radio with color display instead of something you bought at Walmart 15 years ago.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:23 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by solorider
Yes, I am! If I were a dealer employee that flew to Denver for this unveiling, I'd be bummed big time. Other than the helical cut 5th gear in the trans (something Harley denied was a problem all along), I see nothing to get excited about.

Yeah, I just hate those "all expenses paid" vacations to different parts of the Country. That would really suck.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:27 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Glad I bought the 09 S.G. The new exhaust looks wrong and my tranny only whines in 1st and is bulletproof. Really surprised at the lack of innovation.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:30 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
I think they made some pretty significant changes.

1. They apparently listened to the majority of people and put black cases back on the Street Bob.

2. Even though they changed the Wide Glide from what we all know it was, at least they did some retro with the flamed paint. Shows they're thinking about things. Althought I think that's where they stopped thinking about it. Looks to me, like I said in another post, that they took a Street Bob and a Fat Bob and forced them to fornicate. The WG came out 12 months later.

3. Some of the new colors are just awesome. I love that white/black ice pearl combo.

4. They did some good looking things with the Touring class bikes. Although I haven't had a chance to look at all of them yet, I like several of them. Including that Street Glide Trike (though I don't like trikes in general).

I think they did more this time around than they have in some recent years.
They didn't re-do it according to their website....they specifically call it a "new blacked out 1584 cc motor" so I guess my 07 must be some kind of a time warp bike.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:31 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 567 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by springer 03
Glad I bought the 09 S.G. The new exhaust looks wrong and my tranny only whines in 1st and is bulletproof. Really surprised at the lack of innovation.
What did you expect? A big change is not what the core rider wants.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:34 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior

47 posts and most of them are less than positive for their efforts....hmmmmm If you Harley "engineers" are reading this:

WAKE UP.....you are putting us to sleep here!!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 11:36 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by stevengb
They didn't re-do it according to their website....they specifically call it a "new blacked out 1584 cc motor" so I guess my 07 must be some kind of a time warp bike.

LOL True. And all of a sudden, the '09 is a collectable.

Quick Reply: Harley site updated 2010 models.