General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley site updated 2010 models.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I always liked the road glide. I like it even more now. It's a tough bike to be made to look good. Even Klockwerks has said as much, and they have made some pretty cool looking road glides. I think Harley got it right with this one.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stevengb
Well..if Willie visits this forum...I will give him my number so we can discuss things...I've bought 3 new bikes from them in the past 8 years and several used bikes in the past and I haven't been offered a voice in any kind of market survey so I guess buying 3 new bikes in 8 years just isn't enough money to buy a vote in what the future bike should hold. Oh and I don't buy any of his Willie G custom crap that every other yahoo buys to "customize" their bike either. What I would think that they would know is that while mixing parts from one model to another can produce some interesting and appealing things....it doesn't warrant a full year production in to a "new" model or rebirth as a old model turned new. Just my opinion and I'm sure others will disagree but for the money they have made and still are I just expected more...I mean even the auto manufacturers change things up more and I would think they would have a LOT more tooling than it would take for a motorbike.
Yeah they have some nice colors this year like other years and yes they have put some nice little flares by mixing parts...I just expected to be floorboarded and I wasn't. I was hoping for at least a v-rod tourer much like the kit bike I've seen...but they chose not to look to that future. Bigger motors every couple of years....well hell...there are plenty of aftermarket clone motors that are more proven and have way more torque and horspower so you need to do more than add cc's every couple of years to be the LEADING edge of American motorcycling.
Stickers and medallions just aren't going to keep them growing IMO.
And if we all had the "keep it the same" attitude as some that want NO change...well...we'd still be riding motorized bicycles like the one in your sig pic. And while that is cool and nostalgic and cutting edge for its day.....they aren't keeping up with their ancestors hard work of engineering....they are just costume designing the engineering of their past.

Maybe he thinks that with all the bikes you've been buying, that you're happy with things the way they are.

Me, I haven't bought a new Harley since 1980. And I got one of those surveys about 3 months ago.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:55 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

C'mon. Let's all say it together now. "Ho-hum."

Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
It doesn't work in the rest of the world??

I've been to a trade show in Houston, Texas for Academy Sports and Outdoors. Paid for by them when I worked just part-time for them.

And I've been to Daytona Beach, Florida for a weeks worth of training, paid for by that employer too.

And this doesn't include any of the local trips for training and overnight stays that were required for it due to being at least 50 miles away, all at the employer's expense.

And if I had to pay for any of those trips, I would not have gone.
You've proven nothing to me...I stand by my original post.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:09 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by solorider
You've proven nothing to me...I stand by my original post.

That's fine. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You work for a ********, I don't. Pretty simple.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:11 PM
stevengb
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you ride DannyZ? Too bad the last new bike you bought from Harley was really a AMF bike.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
After looking again, I think you are correct. Those 3 lines DO look like lights. Still don't see it on the WG though...
Follow this link, then click on "taillights" near the bottom. Then click on "details" to the right.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...fxdwg/features
I'm with ya, no seperate brake light on the WG - multi functional turn sigs only. It's the Road Glide that looks like it has 3 rows of LED's near the bottom of the fender. The 'details' doesn't mention it though...

Old 07-25-2009, 05:19 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Badasstrike
Curious, for the folks on here that say they are "underwelmed" by the '10 models, how much of your input was given to MoCo about what you wanted to see on the new models???
I voice my opinion about things I like by BUYING them, and things I don't like by NOT buying them.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:19 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

That's fine. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You work for a ********, I don't. Pretty simple.
I don't work at a dealership, never said I did. You need to pay more attention to my posts.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:20 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by stevengb
what do you ride DannyZ? Too bad the last new bike you bought from Harley was really a AMF bike.
I'd quite bantering with him, he's pretty clueless. I like your original post tho...

Quick Reply: Harley site updated 2010 models.