General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

curious why everyone is so excited about the 2010 modles?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:28 AM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default curious why everyone is so excited about the 2010 modles?

i keep seeing thread after thread of "what do the new 2010 modles look like" i saw an 10 today, what colors are out....ect....

so why is everyone so aintsy about it? do ya'll have enough $$ to buy a new bike every year? or are ya constantly lookin for the BBD (bigger better deal)

me i see alot a ppl get there ride and bolt on a bunch a pritty stuff then trade it in and get the same bolt on crap for the next bike they own and not too many ppl actually stickin with the same bike and really tryin to make it THEIRS.

soooo whats all the excitment about? why not hang on to that 09 and start doin some crazy **** to it that makes it one of a kind when yr rollin down the road, or make it super comfortable or whatever floats yr boat instead of dumping thousands into a new stocker?

i'm interested to see what ya'll say

Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Hammer107
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happens every year.....buncha chicks waiting for this years fashion.

Sex and the City *****.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

It's more curiosity than excitement, I would say.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:39 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Well I can only speak for myself.

For me, it's the excitement of seeing what's going to be available. Especially since I don't currently have a bike and I'm always looking.

I'm kind of disappointed in their dropping of several bikes that I would consider buying when the time is right. So now I have to see what's going to be available. What color options. Etc.

Here's another example. I used to really like the Street Bob, and it was one of the bikes in the running when it comes time to get mine. Then in 2009, they screwed it up and made it ugly. (my opinion only)

Old 07-25-2009, 08:41 AM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Well I can only speak for myself.

For me, it's the excitement of seeing what's going to be available. Especially since I don't currently have a bike and I'm always looking.

I'm kind of disappointed in their dropping of several bikes that I would consider buying when the time is right. So now I have to see what's going to be available. What color options. Etc.

Here's another example. I used to really like the Street Bob, and it was one of the bikes in the running when it comes time to get mine. Then in 2009, they screwed it up and made it ugly. (my opinion only)

ya gotta clear this up for me, ya got almost 5000 posts and ya don't have a bike? yr a member of the patriot guard and ya don't have a bike? what gives?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:43 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Don't read too much into it. Folks love the brand and its just part of the fun. Gives us somethin' to BS about when we belly up to the bar...

Old 07-25-2009, 08:46 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well,...... I'm courious because I'm just a lover of bikes. There are many brands and styles that I like. I also enjoy going to car shows and motorcycle shows. So,... for me it has nothing to do with wanting the latest greatest thing. I basically just love motorcycles.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:47 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by old skool1983
ya gotta clear this up for me, ya got almost 5000 posts and ya don't have a bike? yr a member of the patriot guard and ya don't have a bike? what gives?

I've been a member for quite some time. But only recently started posting more as it gets closer in time to get a bike. I've had some issues in the past that prevented me from spending the money to get one. But those issues are about gone. I come here to get information about the bikes as they come available and issues arise. I've had bikes in the past. Just not recently.

You don't have to have a bike to be a member of the Patriot Guard. Just the right attitude.

I guess coming here and being involved is keeping the dream alive for me. Some here won't understand that. But DILLIGAF?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 AM
chunks
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
only recently started posting more as it gets closer in time to get a bike.
Man, when you start posting you dont f$#% around

Old 07-25-2009, 09:07 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by chunks
With nearly 5000 posts, when you start posting you really start posting

LOL I just looked at your member start-up date. I guess to you that would seem like a lot.

I like the comraderie. And, without a bike, there's not much else to do.

Quick Reply: curious why everyone is so excited about the 2010 modles?