General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Ended at Stoplight Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:53 PM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're okay. As fer the illegal witch, yer right she won't be sent back. I have a buddy who worked the border in El Paso, he used to tell me stories like this all the time.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:31 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by kiltiemon
Get yourself an I.N.S. Patch for the back of your jacket!

They can spot THAT 1/4 mile away!!!

As has been said... I'm glad you're OK!

Jim aka kiltiemon

I.N.S. Patch for your jacket.....$6.00
Straightening a slightly bent frame....$350.00
Catching the Biatch during the getaway.....Priceless!

Glad your're okay.
And KUDO'S for the FPD for a job well done.

Now if we could only get some decent legislature to deal with these illegal, un-insured, freeloading non-contributing to society son's 'a bitches. Oh I forgot, Obamas working on that legislature right now. He's gonna' get 'em all insured. Auto, Health and Homeowners too. Yeah you betcha! The're in good hands with Obama-State.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:45 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by danzio
I.N.S. Patch for your jacket.....$6.00
Straightening a slightly bent frame....$350.00
Catching the Biatch during the getaway.....Priceless!

Glad your're okay.
And KUDO'S for the FPD for a job well done.

Now if we could only get some decent legislature to deal with these illegal, un-insured, freeloading non-contributing to society son's 'a bitches. Oh I forgot, Obamas working on that legislature right now. He's gonna' get 'em all insured. Auto, Health and Homeowners too. Yeah you betcha! The're in good hands with Obama-State.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:56 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

Well...I tore the bike down in my garage tonight. I removed the Tour Pack, relocated the wiring, and necessary hardware. So essentially the bike is stripped down to resemble a Street Glide now. From what I can tell, the hardware that ties in to the fender, saddlebag rails and strut covers are bent. Strut covers will need to be replaced for sure. As for the rest of the hardware, I may be able to reset everything and retorque to factory specs. The part I can't see is whether or not my fender buckled in the area where the rear dips down underneath the backbone of the frame. It's in an area that I can't get to or see. I'd have to pull the entire fender to assess whether or not it was damaged. It does appear to have been scratched where the strut cover bent up and inward towards the fender. Aside from that, I can't tell if anything else is wrong with the bike. I'll take it to the dealer to find out. Now may be the time I purchase my docking kit and install it on this bike, like I did on my '03. Of course, I'll stick her with the bill.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:02 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

That sucks. At least you were not hurt at all. That is the most important thing. It sounds like you rode the bike home? It can't be that bad if so. One of my riding buds lives in Fullerton too. Still, I'd be ready to kill...

Old 07-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Blackened
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you were not hurt. Sux for your ride. Awesome the cop got her, hope she gets deported.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:58 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
Man, this is getting too close for comfort in the OC! First Nixonwho, then Caltrain, now you. Glad it wasn't worse (though you may wake up sore tomorrow).
Yeah...pretty bad here in The O.C. Too many people...with too many distractions. Of course the drivers create their own distractions. They don't care about their driving habits, they're more concerned about applying their make-up or whatever. Scary!

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
That sucks. At least you were not hurt at all. That is the most important thing. It sounds like you rode the bike home? It can't be that bad if so. One of my riding buds lives in Fullerton too. Still, I'd be ready to kill...
Yup, I rode the bike home. Fender wasn't rubbing on tire or anything. Still..it's someting the dealer needs to check just to rule out any possibility of a misalignment. I don't want to discover I have a problem when I'm riding down the road when a high speed wobble develops.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Boz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive truck out of Utah to the So Cal area twice a week for the past 12 years. I've been in 2 accidents in that time. Both incidents ended up with the other drivers fleeing the scene when I mentioned the police. Its amazing. Glad you're ok, and I hope the same for your ride. Good luck

Old 07-25-2009, 05:59 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

It's a shame in cases like these, they just dont give ya the idiots car, let ya sell it, keep it or whatever to compensate you. Glad your ok, hope damage isn't too steep.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Tuco069
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you were not injured. I like the I.N.S patch idea!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Rear Ended at Stoplight Today