Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 Dreams (Screams) Update (beware)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:56 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down 29 Dreams (Screams) Update (beware)

An update for those of you who read the original post. Thanks for your suggestions. For those who didn't, here is a link.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...long-post.html

The credit card company has denied the charge back.

1 For their use of ambiguous terms used on website. Apparently "splendid comfort" has numerous meanings. This was one example of their nondescript language the card company cited.

2 They cannot be held liable for the things they neglect to tell you. As in our "splendid comfort" does not include indoor plumbing. Damn, who thinks to verify if they have a crapper? Instead they tell you, you are welcome to use the bath house if needed. If needed??

The hi-def video and audio? In the Lodge only, which closes a 6:00pm.

3 I used MasterCard to make the reservations. Funny, they asked for a MasterCard. If it had been Visa or American Express it would have been no problem canceling. I was told by the credit card company that MasterCard will honor all reservations at the expense of their customer. My MasterCard just went through the shredder.

Apparently the proprietor (I've got a few other names in mind) of this operation knows just what language to use for descriptions and which credit cards to take.

He may have won this battle but the war is far from over. Believe nothing these people tell you. Do yourself an even bigger favor and avoid this place altogether.....

When I get a chance I will post his latest and nastiest email reply.

Did I mention the "motorcycle resort" had wheel deep gravel that looked as if it had never been graded?

Live and learn
Ron

Last edited by RoadKingRon1; 07-22-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:16 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on thier website, offering both "camping" sites AND "day" users, it would seem reasonable to believe that the "bath" house was for the convienience of the campsite and day use people ("members").

The "Assumption" that "cabins" would have their own toilets, something I think might be normally expected as elemental in a "cabin" with "splendid" comforts, might be a misunderstanding based on "cultural" differences.

I guess in Alabama, indoor plumbing is NOT a prerequisite to qualify for the description of
"splendid" comfort!

My experience is, however, that places that have minimal facilities such as this will actually make a POINT of stating that there are no toilets in the "cabins".

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
doorsidedown
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow man, that really sucks. sorry that the CC company threw you under the bus too..

Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would suggest small claims court but the judge is probably the uncle daddy of the owner!

Old 07-22-2009, 04:11 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

My experience is, however, that places that have minimal facilities such as this will actually make a POINT of stating that there are no toilets in the "cabins".

Jim aka kiltiemon

Mine too, now....I wonder what kind of "duh" answers I'm gonna get the next time I make reservations somewhere and I ask them if they have a crapper?

Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by doorsidedown
wow man, that really sucks. sorry that the CC company threw you under the bus too..

Thanks....but MasterCard will not get a second chance.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:17 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

My experience is that the credit card companies USUALLY support the card holder.
Sorry to hear that your legitimate charge back didnt work.
MikeM

Old 07-22-2009, 04:23 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rodnock
I would suggest small claims court but the judge is probably the uncle daddy of the owner!
LMAO...that and it's 200 miles away.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by deadman77
My experience is that the credit card companies USUALLY support the card holder.
Sorry to hear that your legitimate charge back didnt work.
MikeM
Bank of America bought out the card company a couple of years ago. Both, my Visa and MasterCard are through them. The rep actually told me if I had used my Visa there would be no problem? Go figure.

The money isn't really the issue anyway. What set me on fire was his scathing character attack reply. Sure, a successful charge back would have been nice but...

Old 07-22-2009, 04:42 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should at least compile a letter or something to provide to the local Better Business Bureau, or Chamber of Commerce, or something. It's not going to get you anything, but will cost them something, maybe, hopefully. Normally, cities and towns don't like businesses that drive tourist away.