General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 Dreams (Screams) Update (beware)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:52 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pepperoniPITA
I wrote 'em an e-mail letting them know that I and everyone I knew appreciated that they saved me money by not staying where I'd be treated so unprofessionally.
I don't know why but that brought a little smile to my face. I would but after two emails he replied:

I’m sure you’ll give it your best shot.

I’d added your email address to the junk folder, so you need not respond.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Slaps
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
I don't know why but that brought a little smile to my face. I would but after two emails he replied:

I’m sure you’ll give it your best shot.

I’d added your email address to the junk folder, so you need not respond.
He must think it's hard to get a new email or something. Silly bastard. Not that I am in that area ever but hopefully I won't forget the name and if it ever comes up I won't know of anything nice to say about the place.

(Though I have to say I do know of a few of us Yankees that moved south and of the few I know one was the biggest **** face I ever met).

Old 07-23-2009, 02:33 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Slaps

(Though I have to say I do know of a few of us Yankees that moved south and of the few I know one was the biggest **** face I ever met).

Ya' don't have to be a Yankee to be an ****. We have more than our fair share already.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Slaps
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
Ya' don't have to be a Yankee to be an ****. We have more than our fair share already.
Well I only remeber the people I liked and the people I could not stand.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 930 Posts

• Members Shop offering selected Motorcycling Apparel
  • Emergency Service for your motorcycle.
  • A full, well stocked restaurant with a bar that serves excellent meals, including a dinner specials on the first consecutive Friday and Saturday nights of the month, and breakfast buffets every Saturday and Sunday morning that will make you think of your grandmother
  • Spacious front porch with ceiling fans and outside music, complete with rocking chairs to help you relax the day away
  • Courtyard picnic tables under a pavilion, surrounding an outside bar
  • Outdoor Stage with live music during selected events
  • A lodge equipped with satellite, high definition video, high fidelity sound, including Wi-Fi
  • Bathhouse, constructed of cedar and air conditioned with five individual bath suites for the ultimate in privacy, the bathhouse also features a large wooden deck overlooking the park
  • Secluded, air conditioned cedar cabins that accommodate up to three riders in splendid comfort
  • Each cabin has it's own porch with a large comfortable swing
  • Numerous private campsites and lounge type swings throughout the property
  • Laundry facilities
  • RV sites are coming soon, stay informed, sign up for the newsletter now!

Actually the place sounds like a campsite with cabins & a main lodge. The "Bathhouse" line above under the cabin description would have told me their are no bathrooms in the cabins. Their attitude was inexcusable though.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:00 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Since you had to pay for the cabin anyway, I would have taken a nice spicy burrito crap in the cabin before leaving for the Best Western.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BadBobOk
Since you had to pay for the cabin anyway, I would have taken a nice spicy burrito crap in the cabin before leaving for the Best Western.
BadBob - I need to know how to get in touch with you at anytime. You always have the perfect solution for every situation.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:09 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Actually the place sounds like a campsite with cabins & a main lodge. The "Bathhouse" line above under the cabin description would have told me their are no bathrooms in the cabins. Their attitude was inexcusable though.
Actually it's listed under their: Our Main Lodge page.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:29 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have met the man who owns 29 dreams in person last spring, I was on an ad selling campaign for a motorcycle rally, he was very rude, very anti advertiser and more or less told me he had over 12,000 members and didn't need any advertising for his business. I can only attest to his demeanor that day which was very rude, we went over there last year for a lunch with some HDF members, I don't remember seeing him that day and the staff was friendly and the food was good, as far as accommodations I cannot attest to that part of his business and I'll probably never will stay there, I would probably have not gone back over there for lunch if it had not been for going with our group after we toured the Barber Motorsports Museum.

Yes word of mouth can make you or break you, good luck with getting your money back, a cabin should have a bath room you would think, thanks for letting folks know about your experience with them.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:35 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the feedback John. I won't be getting my money back, I'll just write it off to experience. If I can keep any of the members here from having to deal with this guy then mission accomplished.

Ya' win some. Ya' lose some.