Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 Dreams (Screams) Update (beware)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtieman31
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Just keep telling your story to as many people as you can. Word of mouth is a very powerful thing, it's been the demise of many businesses.
Yes it is. Apparently, from his reaction and reply, this is business as normal for him. It is time for this to stop.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:15 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
I would contact the Alabama State Attorney General office, tell him your story, the reply you got and see if the AG office would check into this business. Also contact the Better Business Bureau of the town where this shister works out of. Who knows maybe your letter will the "next" letter they (BBB) are waiting for to apply some pressure. If the bank that holds your card received any TARP monies maybe your Congressperson/senator could help out.
I hadn't considered the AG's office. Thanks.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:29 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

These kind of people usually know just exactly how far to push into the grey area! However, they ALL eventually push a little too far and get their @ss in a crack! Looks to me this might be that CRACK! Go after the SOB!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:42 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roadkingron, Sorry to hear about the issues with both the CC company and 29 Dreams.

I think everyone on the forum should send them a nasty email, letting them know just how much bad press they are getting from screwing one customer.

I will send one to Betty and Tim (from the contact list on their website) letting them know I was happy to hear about their poor service so I don't waste my money with them. I will also let them know I will be telling my firends to avoid 29 Dreams also.

But Ron, I did read their website and it says all cabins have access to the bath house. So if I had read this, I would have not expected a bathroom in the cabin. Sorry, but maybe they aren't 100% to blame?

Anyone else want to send them an email? Just go to their website and the contact info is listed. Not sure if I'm allowd to post it here or not, but it's easy to find online. (29 Dreams Alabama)

Last edited by frankjake; 07-22-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

cockaroaches

Old 07-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron,

Just be careful to state only the facts. Don't do anything to be construed as slanderous.
I also say file a complaint with the Alabama AG office. Go on line they probably have the form on line. Good Luck

Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,342 Likes on 2,529 Posts

Originally Posted by frankjake

But Ron, I did read their website and it says all cabins have access to the bath house. So if I had read this, I would have not expected a bathroom in the cabin. Sorry, but maybe they aren't 100% to blame?
i would assume that since all cabins have access to the bath house, that there is a communal shower. but i would not automatically assume that my cabin did not have a toilet......

Old 07-23-2009, 07:34 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by will2002
These kind of people usually know just exactly how far to push into the grey area! However, they ALL eventually push a little too far and get their @ss in a crack! Looks to me this might be that CRACK! Go after the SOB!
I plan to, his email reply was very unprofessional and uncalled for.

You know, wife and I ride through that area often. If he had been professional and courteous we would have stopped for lunch and a visit to the gift shop. But I guess since I "wouldn't make the cut" we won't.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:38 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by frankjake
Roadkingron, Sorry to hear about the issues with both the CC company and 29 Dreams.

I think everyone on the forum should send them a nasty email, letting them know just how much bad press they are getting from screwing one customer.
)
Frank, I read your CC dilemma post. Sorry. What has happened to customer service? I just don't understand how companies plan to survive when they treat their customers this way.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:42 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nellybelle
Ron,

Just be careful to state only the facts. Don't do anything to be construed as slanderous.
I also say file a complaint with the Alabama AG office. Go on line they probably have the form on line. Good Luck
Absolutely. I have a few choice words I would love to use for him but, as Sgt Friday would say, "the facts mam' and nothing but the facts".

Someone else mentioned the AG's office. I will do that today. Thanks

And remember, use Visa or AX for reservations. MasterCard will leave you hanging.