General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you say?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:18 PM
supercrewser
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What would you say?

Ok Im gonna sound silly but heres the story. The dealership that does the service on my bike is about 75 miles away so when its time for service they will come and pick up my bike and take it in at no charge. Normally its been on a truck thats made to haul bikes but its always been dry out when that happens and one time they brought a covered trailer when it wasnt dry. So today its raining and the dealer rolls up in there open truck and Im like wheres the covered trailer and the guy says no one told me to bring it is that a problem? And I look back at the bike and back at him and say well it is clean seeing how I just cleaned it the night before, when I go to pick it up this weekend Im heading out on a road trip and want it ready to go. Maybe Im picky but I leep my ride clean and I also am leaving for Kill devil Hills In a week and a half so I had to let him take it.No big deal I ride in the rain when I get caught in it but......

Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Tell them to wash it after the service is done?

jpm5321
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say no biggie.... but I'm a bad Harley owner and only wash my bike once every couple a months as it is.

big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not worry about it, specially if they have been great in the past....

Old 07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

If they drive 140 miles round trip to get your bike for free I wouldn't give them any greif... gas aint free. Just tell them you plan on riding out from there or whatever and ask them if they could wipe it down before you get it back. Sucks you spent that time to clean it for it to get dirty right away but I'd just shrug it off.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Errk08
Tourer

its not a 200 grand car....its a motorcycle a little weather wont hurt it trust me

Old 07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say thanks for picking up and dropping off my bike, get out my wiping and polishing cloths, and do it myself.

Mention how much you appreciate the enclosed trailer. Not as an expectation, but as an appreciation. That may get a lot farther than demanding the enclosed trailer or a washing for your motorcycle.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Oh boy

Old 07-22-2009, 01:32 PM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member

Make them give you a new bike. How dare they pick up your bike for free in the rain without a coverd trailer.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:33 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by supercrewser
Ok Im gonna sound silly but heres the story. The dealership that does the service on my bike is about 75 miles away so when its time for service they will come and pick up my bike and take it in at no charge. Normally its been on a truck thats made to haul bikes but its always been dry out when that happens and one time they brought a covered trailer when it wasnt dry. So today its raining and the dealer rolls up in there open truck and Im like wheres the covered trailer and the guy says no one told me to bring it is that a problem? And I look back at the bike and back at him and say well it is clean seeing how I just cleaned it the night before, when I go to pick it up this weekend Im heading out on a road trip and want it ready to go. Maybe Im picky but I leep my ride clean and I also am leaving for Kill devil Hills In a week and a half so I had to let him take it.No big deal I ride in the rain when I get caught in it but......
You're absolutely right, you sound silly. What's your point? Uh, I don't want my bike to get wet, cause I want to go on a trip, and that would be impossible if the bike is not clean and shiny? WTF?
They come and pick your ride up, and drop it when they are done. For FREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 140 miles!!!!!!!!What else can they do? Give you a blojo while you're waiting, or something?

Last edited by frenchman; 07-22-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: What would you say?