General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passing judgements

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 05:17 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Passing judgements

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

It's not the destination that's important....it's the journey!
[sm=exactly.gif]

agreed, and much more concise.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:19 PM
DelcoDyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also not sure what your point is...

1) I have an '05 with over 18K miles.

2) If they wave or I see them first, I usually wave back. Sometimes, I'm just not looking.

3) I don't trailer....it's all about the ride. If you do, so what? your bike, your choice.

4) I don't care what you ride, as long as you ride. Most folks I ride with have more than one bike. Some have harleys and Japenese sport bikes. Who cares?

5) Even when I actually want to get somewhere on a bike trip, I really don't care if I do make it. Yeah there may be the occasional breakdown...or 16 hours of rain, then again, there may be some more interesting detour that I hadn't planned on and want to stay and enjoy.

6) I really don't give a rat's a** what anyone wears when they ride. I am far more concerned with skills.

For me, the world is very different on my bike than in my cage.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:19 PM
ThudMeister
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I passed judgement on those who trailer their bikes or show cars, but I should have been clear. I am talking about those who trailer their show baby less than 100 miles, then get on it and drive it into the event. Those are show toys and not real transportion, fun to look at, nothing more.

If I had a chopper, especially a rigid, and wanted to attend daytona bike week, I would trailer the thing to get it close to Florida, then ride it to the event. Thats because I am older, my wife will not ride that far on a chopper and my back can not handle it.

As soon as I sell my custom and get a good cruiser, I plan on making long trips on the bike with my wife.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

hey thud....sell it... buy a Glide...you'll never ride the chop again...i dont

Old 05-24-2006, 10:12 PM
texanharley2005
Advanced

Like most have said... I got my bike to ride. Yes i know you may break down but i have done that in my car and also in my truck . If man males it then it will break.. Sure i like a clean bike but i do not wash it every time i ride. If i did i would have no paint on it. I ride every day to work and back and then ride on weekends. If someone trailers the bike no big deal the thing is they have a bike and maybe they do not want to ride as much as some of us do... Just enjoy the time you ride and ride safe that is what matters.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:48 AM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blegh!!!! [sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 05-25-2006, 01:05 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I wave at everybody........even those power ranger guys who ride the bright colored plastic bikes and have their a$$ sticking up in the air...[8D]

Old 05-25-2006, 02:24 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

me too!!

Old 05-25-2006, 08:46 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

Well, this was all taken a bit wrong. Perhaps it was the wording. I was merely pointing out the fact that we all make judgements about certain things in the motorcycling community instead of just being glad there are more and more riders out there, hopefully, strengthening our lobbying power. Hence the reference to europe where nobody cares about this little stuff. If you ride, you're a biker/motorcyclist (pick your term). Period. Shouldn't we have the same view?

As for myself...just to clarify, damn straight I haul my bike places. Hell, I haul it just to AZ (350 miles). A. I'm lazy B. It's friggin' hot!!!!! C. I have no desire to put any bags or sissy bars on my ride, not the look I want. I wave and just about anyone and don't care if they wave back. I think the canuk got my point pretty well, though. Thanks!!

Old 05-25-2006, 09:47 AM
scrappy883r
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: route2null0

Blegh!!!! [sm=deadhorse.gif]

Quick Reply: Passing judgements