General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is messed up... OST

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
96 Ultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is messed up... OST

I spent the weekend at Old Shawneetown (little Sturgis) and had a great time while up there.

While I did observe a heavy presents of patch holders, every one seemed to show respect for the other and the place was rather calm as far as rallies are concerned.

Now the part that's "Messed Up".........

I was disappointed to hear from a close friend that is a Viet Nam Vet which was part of the "Rat Patrol" was confronted by 5 guys and was told he wasn't allowed to camp in this area because the Viet Nam Vets MC was setting up camp there... I'm sorry, but that was ****ed up, this club lost my respect.

How the hell can a group that goes around claiming to be all about Viet Nam Vets only to disrespect the very person that was there in Viet Nam ..!!!

I'm sorry, but if anything at all, he should have been invited to join them or at least allowed to or offered a spot not directly effecting them like at the perimeter of there camp.

I hope this does gets back to the main chapter, because as far as I'm concerned these guys should be stripped of their patches and kicked to the curb. How the hell can you disrespect one of your own Viet Nam Vets ... WTF ???

Old 07-20-2009, 12:40 PM
trippy57
Cruiser

VNV doesn't have a very good reputation within the veterans MC world. They seem to want to be more 1% than a vet organization.........JMHO.....

Old 07-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Badasstrike
Tourer

Your right , that is messed up. What ever happened to the" one for all, all for one attitude ".

Old 07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

That doesn't sound right. Did he have the spot reserved or was it first come first served?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not totally sure of ALL the circumstances involved, BUT that is NOT my experience with the VNVMC.
Served '70-'77. You do the math.
Don't get me wrong, here, I am NOT saying they did or did not do that, just that I have not experienced that sort of behavior from them, when I have been around them and with them. Jus' MFUO, as ooze-ual, tho.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
Not totally sure of ALL the circumstances involved, BUT that is NOT my experience with the VNVMC.
Served '70-'77. You do the math.
Don't get me wrong, here, I am NOT saying they did or did not do that, just that I have not experienced that sort of behavior from them, when I have been around them and with them. Jus' MFUO, as ooze-ual, tho.

That's what I was thinking. I run into patch holders of this club all the time and they're always good to me.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
96 Ultra
Cruiser

What part of a close friend that is a Viet Nam Vet which was part of the "Rat Patrol" was confronted by 5 guys and was told he wasn't allowed to camp in this area because the Viet Nam Vets MC was setting up camp there... did you not understand ?

Their excuse was that they were holding the area for their fellow club members. Ok I can relate to this, but at the same time my buddy IS a Vet and told them so...

So how is a club that claim to be all about VNV's get respect when some of their members go out of their way disrespecting the real vets.. ?

You know they could have at least offered him and his ole lady a spot out of the way to the side...

Old 07-20-2009, 05:11 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 96 Ultra
I spent the weekend at Old Shawneetown (little Sturgis) and had a great time while up there.

While I did observe a heavy presents of patch holders, every one seemed to show respect for the other and the place was rather calm as far as rallies are concerned.

Now the part that's "Messed Up".........

I was disappointed to hear from a close friend that is a Viet Nam Vet which was part of the "Rat Patrol" was confronted by 5 guys and was told he wasn't allowed to camp in this area because the Viet Nam Vets MC was setting up camp there... I'm sorry, but that was ****ed up, this club lost my respect.

How the hell can a group that goes around claiming to be all about Viet Nam Vets only to disrespect the very person that was there in Viet Nam ..!!!

I'm sorry, but if anything at all, he should have been invited to join them or at least allowed to or offered a spot not directly effecting them like at the perimeter of there camp.

I hope this does gets back to the main chapter, because as far as I'm concerned these guys should be stripped of their patches and kicked to the curb. How the hell can you disrespect one of your own Viet Nam Vets ... WTF ???
The first thing that comes to mind is, Did you know for sure the guy was a sure nuff Vietnam veteran? There are those that are Posers in other ways also. In other words, there are many that claim to be Vietnam Veterans that ride around with combat patches and basically lying about their Vietnam combat service. I know some personally that never made it to Vietnam but claim to have served there. The group you mentioned may have information that you and other might not have been privy to. This is a situations that will get a lot of Vietnam veteran really mad.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:29 PM
96 Ultra
Cruiser

Did you know for sure the guy was a sure nuff Vietnam veteran?
I've known this guy for several yrs. Yes, I believe he is a VET and yes I believe what happened there...

What purpose would it serve to lie about something like this ?

Most Vets I know don't feel the need to advertise who they are... In fact a couple I know that were in the real action don't even like talking about their experiences....

Old 09-17-2009, 11:46 PM
sigmadirk69
6th Gear

Just cause im a Combat veteran of Iraq dosnt mean i wanna hang out with everyone that went to Iraq. Regardless of what you think of the club, they are still a serious Motorcycle Club and probably wanted only club members in the area for security reasons.

Quick Reply: This is messed up... OST