General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

East Coast Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 PM
NAMVET
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have been the last few years, it's always hot on Apple Mt, this time of year.
I think we will pass this year, but we will be up that way the weekend of the 8th. Going up to Sideling Hill.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Westminster
Advanced

Went to East Coast Sturgis last year and had a great time. The weather was great which was a plus for both camping and riding. Nice country. One day trip I did was to Cumberland, MD and took steam locomotive excursion. Possible to do other day trips like to Gettysburg or York. I took the long way home through West Virginia after rally which was really great.

Atmosphere is very “carnival” with hard partying and exhibitionism. Music from four in the afternoon until after midnight by quality bands. Great food concessions. Organized events include Poker Run and demolition derby and other rodeo events.

Last year they had a tent rental concession which I found to be a good deal, but I don’t think the concession is coming back.

I would go again except this year I am headed to Sturgis Sturgis.

Attached Thumbnails East Coast Sturgis-06.-orleans-rd.-2-.jpg   East Coast Sturgis-28.-2-.jpg   East Coast Sturgis-05.-ecs-camp-site-2-.jpg  
Old 07-24-2009, 06:59 PM
BL54
Stage IV
Default Any do's and don'ts for East Coast Stugis?

Do they allow trailers? Normal people or Hard CORE bikers? I want to sleep in my motorcycle trailer, is this cool? Is there any pointers for a good time, going with 2 cops, 2 firemen and a few other buddies, not looking for any trouble. Any help would be great. Thanks

Old 07-24-2009, 07:07 PM
NAMVET
Tourer

You can take trailers in, leave the badges at the gate. Have fun.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 AM
Davepa
Cruiser
Default all welcome

Originally Posted by BL54
Do they allow trailers? Normal people or Hard CORE bikers? I want to sleep in my motorcycle trailer, is this cool? Is there any pointers for a good time, going with 2 cops, 2 firemen and a few other buddies, not looking for any trouble. Any help would be great. Thanks
You can bring a trailer, tent, or sleep under the stars.
Have never seen much trouble,but trouble is always available if you go out of your way to find it.

As always there will be security people in the crowd and you will not know who they are or that they are even there. You will be allowed to party and have a good time but if things get stupid it is nice to know someone is watching your back. Remember your are on private property and Apple can and will have idiots removed.

Just have fun, meet new people, be respectful of others, and enjoy the weekend!

Old 07-25-2009, 09:56 AM
kingofsand21
Tourer

any age limit on this. I have a buddy who wants to go from my army unit that is 19 but people told him you have to be 21 But I thought the flyer I got said 18.