Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PA New MC Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:16 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

What the hell is an annual inspection? And, just where do you put these stickers? On the frame? F that.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by omgtkk
You do need the inspection, but the cops here are pretty lax at enforcement. I ran with an outdated sticker for 3 years and my bro-in-law still has a 2004 sticker on his Electra-Glide. Unless you get pulled over for another offense, the cops rarely check them.
BUT...it's cheap and easy to get the bike inspected, so get it done.
It's pretty much the same way here in WV. They only really check the brakes, horn, head light, turn signals, and tire tread for safety reasons. No exhaust check. I finally got mine inspected this year after riding around for the past two years with the expired 2006 sticker. But what I found funny was that the law reads in WV that the sticker must be visable at all times....But my buddy bought a new Softail last year and the dealer threw the sticker on the fender under his seat. He has to be able to remove the seat if he ever gets pulled over. SO hopefully, the dealer will pay the ticket if my buddy ever gets fined for it because I commented on it when the mech/tech was putting the sticker on.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:18 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by harley_jeff
What the hell is an annual inspection? And, just where do you put these stickers? On the frame? F that.
Annual check of vehicles to make sure they comply with local regulations regarding safety and emissions.
Once your vehicle passes the inspection, you get a sticker with must be visible to LEOs. For cars, it must be located on the bottom left portion of the windshield. For bikes, it's less restrictive. It can be mounted on the left fork tube (no way!) or on a inspection sticker plate permanently affixed to the bike (riveted rather than bolted).

Last edited by frenchbiker; 07-21-2009 at 02:20 PM.