General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guardian Bell

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 01:07 AM
SuprBama
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guardian Bell

Havn't heard that one BigGeorge.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:30 AM
SuprBama
Road Master

Thanks for the reply AR4CE, Hope your brother keeps it in the road from now on...

Live Long, Ride Safe!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:51 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BigGeorge

Yea I got a bell but I havent put it on yet, I'm still listening for strange sounds coming from the engine. Anyone here old enough to remember when you could paint your bike any color but green? Green was said to be unlucky. I still wont get on a green bike....................BG
I heard this before, about green. What ? Where? is the story on Green, do tell!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:56 AM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To dastark
SuprBama. Do a search, on top of the page. We recently discussed this topic. F.Y.I. I have one and like it. It was a gift. Would never buy one myself though. I'd like to know if this is a cruiser thing, or do crotch rockets wear them as well?
Look at the photo below, between the wheels on the swigarm. Had it since "Rocket" gave it to me. It was on my foreign crotch rocket, now it's on my American one.

Old 05-23-2006, 02:07 AM
dasvolvo
Banned

ORIGINAL: dastark

SuprBama. Do a search, on top of the page. We recently discussed this topic. F.Y.I. I have one and like it. It was a gift. Would never buy one myself though. I'd like to know if this is a cruiser thing, or do crotch rockets wear them as well?
Yes, I have a Crotch Rocket and ride with one. Like eazy said, Rocket bought mine when it was his bike and then it became mine when I bought the bikefrom him, I think I'm gonna ask my old man(who has one on his 1980 goldwing BTW) to get me one for my custom, whenever I get money and start that

REMEMBER: When you clean your bell think of the people, family, friends etc....... who have lost they're lives or gone down on a bike

Old 05-23-2006, 02:40 AM
bradvols
Cruiser

won't leave the driveway without it. I am a superstious sort

Old 05-23-2006, 11:52 AM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

I started riding in 1962 and the "green bike curse" was already a legend. I dont know the origin of this but even the manufacturers at the time, Harley, Triumph, BSA, Norton, and even Honda did not (to the best of my knowledge) offer any of their bikes in green..............BG
ORIGINAL: RDKingRider

ORIGINAL: BigGeorge

Yea I got a bell but I havent put it on yet, I'm still listening for strange sounds coming from the engine. Anyone here old enough to remember when you could paint your bike any color but green? Green was said to be unlucky. I still wont get on a green bike....................BG
I heard this before, about green. What ? Where? is the story on Green, do tell!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:21 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i have two, can't be too safe. LOL. one has been passed from each bike i have owned to the next bike i bought.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:23 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like it started with race cars and spilled over into bikes...here's a quote from IndyStar.com about the 1965 Indy race...

It appeared Clark had almost an easy time in his Lotus-Ford, painted in British racing green (a color regarded by the American racing ranks as an omen of bad luck).

In short, this team was a team of all-stars, the best of the best. Clark and Foyt dueled all race long-nobody else managed to lead a single lap. In the end, Clark came out on top. The death knell of the Indy Roadster had been sounded, and the old superstition about green cars being bad luck was put to rest as well....at least in the case of your classic British Racing Green!
But couldn't find the origins.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:47 PM
05UltraClassic
Advanced

ORIGINAL: 06Heritage

The day i picked up my bike my wife bought me one. Her brother passed away 4 yrs. ago at the age of 42. not only was he my brother-in-law, but he was my best freind since the 7th grade. the bell she got me has angels on it. When she gave it to me she said Steve would be watching over me when i'm on the road. Then the first place i rode to was the cemetary, just to let him know i finally got my harley.
If it's not to personal, how did your brother pass away?

Quick Reply: Guardian Bell