Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers in Fairfax Virginia area

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Dealers in Fairfax Virginia area

Need some help from the forum members in the N Va area. Have a female friend that just passed her MSF course an wants to get into riding, will be shopping for a 1200 C this week. What dealer is the best in the area, I suggested she get in on the Spotrty trade up deal. She is a nice lady and want to watch out for her, but cant do from Miami which is where I met her, we worked together down here. Thx for any advice.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
ewhinger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink NoVA Dealers

There's Patriot in Fairfax, Grove's in Winchester, and Whitt's in Manassas. I've bought parts at Patriot and Grove's. No dealings with Whitt's. I bought my bike used, so I can't comment on new sales. Grove's doesn't seem to care that I didn't buy my bike from them. I'm greeted by name whenever I go there and my personal info is always in the system. At Patriot, they have to ask for my info every time. I haven't seen any difference in prices (remember, I'm only buying parts) between the two shops. I prefer Grove's based on how I've been treated there. Other folks may have had different experiences and prefer one of the other shops. YMMV...

Old 07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Havic08
Tourer

Hi, I live in Culpeper VA and their are 3 HD dealers I checked out in the area. I decided against Dumfires(Eastcoastharley) Harley due to the negative comments in the bad dealer section. Also I called them and they would not give me much info over the phone, I had to come in. The bike is for the wife, our first HD. We though about doing the sportster thing also but ened up with a Softail Heritage. She was riding a Yam 650 to get experince with. Personally, I would recommend getting a used bike like the Yamaha 650 or similar to ride around with first. The sportster frame is more suited for the sport, rough riding tighter suspension. I went with the softail heritage in the end because it had everything she wanted already on it. The softails ride very smooth and easy to handle. It is a heavy bike so she is praticing more with just movig it around and corning. After doing phone, I had to come in. The bike is for the wife, our first HD. We though about doing the sportster thing also but ened up with a Softail Heritage. She was riding a Yam 650 to get experince with. Personally, I would recommend getting a used bike like the Yamaha 650 or similar to ride around with first. The sportster frame is more suited for the sport, rough riding tighter suspension. I went with the softail heritage in the end because it had everything she wanted already on it. The softails ride very smooth and easy to handle. It is a heavy bike so she is praticing more with just movig it around and corning. After doing all the prices and adding the extra's on she wanted, saddle bags, shield.. we decided the sportster was not worth what we put into getting back msrp. Here is my experience, for whatever it is worth

Waugh HD - Orange VA - Nice guys, answered all our 0will see how the service department is.

Of the 3, I did not have a problem with any of them and would buy form them. Whitts had the bike she wanted, Softail Hertiage in Purple flake/brillian silver which is why we went with them.

Good luck and be safe out their riding

Last edited by Havic08; 07-13-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:25 AM
iann8ik
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell her to go see Marika at Patriot HD for the chick's perspective on bikes. Marika is a rider and will take good care of her.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Mike1433
Intermediate

I bought my current bike used from Whitt's but now get anything I need from Patriot. Both places are friendly but Patriot has a "Regular Rider" program that puts %10 of what you spend on a card to used on future purchases. They regularly have "double points" days where 20% of what you spend is put on the card to use on future purchases (they usually have the double points day the week after I spend a lot of money

Old 07-13-2009, 01:39 PM
SeeNoSun
Tourer

Patriot HD is the most arrogant dealership i have ever been to. I won't buy ANYTHING from them. I live in Reston, VA and travel across the beltway to do all my HD business from Fort Washington HD. They really care about building long term customer relationships. I recommend Smitty in service if you need work done on your bike. Not sure who to talk to in Sales but everyone there is great.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
bigc00p
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike1433
I bought my current bike used from Whitt's but now get anything I need from Patriot. Both places are friendly but Patriot has a "Regular Rider" program that puts %10 of what you spend on a card to used on future purchases. They regularly have "double points" days where 20% of what you spend is put on the card to use on future purchases (they usually have the double points day the week after I spend a lot of money

x2 Bought from Whitt, but for me Patriot is much more convenient and has a nicer show room, bigger shop, etc... Plus the points card is nice..

Old 07-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Check out Waugh's HD in Orange. Good customer service, decent prices.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished a coast to coast trip, Sacramento CA to Ocean City MD, The six bikes that I rode with all needed service at the same time. I contacted Patriot HD in Fairfax and made appointments for all six bikes. They took us all in on the same day and finished all six bikes by that evening. They treated us fair and got us all on the road in one day. I would do business with their service dept anytime.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 AM
Havic08
Tourer

I got off the phone last night with all 3, Patriot, Whitts, Waugh. I am looking for a specific leather jacket+chaps for the wife, about $800 for the set.

Patriot - Put on hold, waited..waited. Nope we do not have it. bye.

Whitts - Put on hold, waited..waited. Nope we do not have it. bye.

Waugh - Hold on while I look it up, proceeds to chat with me about how I am doing, am I coming to the July 18 open house. Sorry we do not have it. However I can find out who does and proceeds to search all VA dealers, then surroundings dealers. We found the items at a dealer in KY. She was above and beyond helpful to us. I did not know they could search everywhere for anything you want. I will be doing my business with them. They also have a rewards card, as does Whitts and Patriot.

I do not think you can go wrong at any of them.

Quick Reply: Dealers in Fairfax Virginia area