General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ULTRA CLASSIC Mustang Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009 | 06:13 PM
Weasel-Ultra
|
1st Gear
Default ULTRA CLASSIC Mustang Seat

I have a 2007 Ultra Classic with a stock seat. I am looking at the Mustang Seat 75537 Anyone have any experience with this seat? Easy to mount? Comfortable? Let me know Thanks

Attached Thumbnails ULTRA CLASSIC  Mustang Seat-3-19-09-2.jpg  
Old 07-11-2009 | 08:47 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

No Idea on Mustang other than they have a great rep. I have a Zep on my 07.

Old 07-12-2009 | 09:27 PM
Lowridin packer
Road Captain

I have the Mustang Ultra touring on my 2009. My wife says it is happiness for your butt. She is very picky - this was our 3rd seat on the bike.

Old 07-12-2009 | 09:58 PM
Adak
Cruiser

Have the mustang on my 06 RKC and just put one on my 09 Ultra, dam good seats and my wife loves them.

Old 07-12-2009 | 11:42 PM
jimsmith94
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lowridin packer
I have the Mustang Ultra touring on my 2009. My wife says it is happiness for your butt. She is very picky - this was our 3rd seat on the bike.
Did you buy those seats, or does your dealer let you try them before buying?

Old 07-13-2009 | 07:19 AM
RDM
Road Master

I had that seat and sold it to go with the non-button model. Nothing wrong with the seat other than I wanted to go with a smoother look on the bike. Only down side I could think of was the one with buttons tended to hold a little more water when it rained. But when you're already wet that little bit more water probably wasn't that big of a deal. Easy to install and rode nice.

I've had Mustang seats on my last three bikes. It's usually one of the first changes I make to a new (or new to me) bike. The Mustang backrest is a nice addition as well. Both are easy to install.

Old 07-13-2009 | 02:19 PM
Weasel-Ultra
|
1st Gear
Default Mustang Seat on 07 Ultra

Thanks for all the great replies. I have the 2 up Mustang on my Low Rider Now I am going after the 75337 for my Ultra. Great Feedback

Old 07-13-2009 | 02:34 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

I have the Mustang without the buttons. I believe it's #75449 but not 100% sure because I bought it for a 2004 EGC and now have it on the 2007 EGC we have.

1. When new, thing was like sitting on concrete. Thought I had made a big mistake. After about 1,000 miles, comfortable as I could imagine. When I bought the 2007 EGC, took wife for a short ride on stock seat. First thing out of her mouth when we got home was "You are putting the Mustang seat on this one, right?" She loves this seat.

2. Claims of being narrow in the nose don't appear to be the case to me. I still can't flatfoot it when on the bike without putting some pressure on inside of thighs. I could flatfoot it while on stock seat.

3. It might put you a little forward than stock. Not sure I notice this myself but others have voiced that opinion. Some claim it moved them up also.

Old 07-14-2009 | 01:28 AM
Lowridin packer
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jimsmith94
Did you buy those seats, or does your dealer let you try them before buying?
I buy the seat, try it. If I don't like it I buy another. Then whichever of the 2 I like the least, I sell on ebay. To be honest, If you buy the second seat on ebay, you lose very little money - not much more than the shipping cost. There is always someone who is looking for any seat at any time - that is my experience. Mustang has a return policy if you buy from them, but it costs you 20% more than buying the same seat from a dealer on ebay(new). I bought from a guy on ebay, I figure I came out ahead.

Old 07-14-2009 | 05:24 AM
Pine Tree
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Weasel-Ultra
I have a 2007 Ultra Classic with a stock seat. I am looking at the Mustang Seat 75537 Anyone have any experience with this seat? Easy to mount? Comfortable? Let me know Thanks
I went to the Mustang with driver's backrest. While comfortable for quite a long distance, I find the seat to a bit too flat. Somewhat more contour or bucket to the seat would allow me even longer saddle time.

Other then that, they fit fine, are easy to install/remove, and match the stock HD rider's backrest really close.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: ULTRA CLASSIC Mustang Seat