General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Harleys being introed to press now.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009 | 08:53 PM
RBEN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IronAss
OH This is Soooo exciting......I'm getting all gidddddy like a lil school girl.
....................................... ................

Old 07-17-2009 | 10:27 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NAMVET
My daughter (a GM at a local dealership) flys into Denver for the dealer show on the 24th
or 25th.

She tells me nothing till then
And you still claim her as a daughter?

I'll bet the full details are a better kept secret than Osama Bin Laden's where abouts.

Old 07-17-2009 | 11:28 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by NAMVET
My daughter (a GM at a local dealership) flys into Denver for the dealer show on the 24th
or 25th.

She tells me nothing till then
Have you thought about torture? Or extensive interviews with a guy or 2 from the CIA? Polygraph?

Old 07-18-2009 | 01:44 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

The new colors are out, boring as can be. I'm waiting to see the new Tour Glide Ultra, my next machine in 2011.

Old 07-18-2009 | 02:41 AM
SVTNate
Cruiser

Is 2010 the 20th anniversary of the FatBoy? I can't recall. I'd be curious to see what they do for that, if anything.

I've got the new bike fever. Since I can't look at 2010 Harleys yet, I went out today and checked out the Yamaha FZ1 standard bike, Triumph Speed Triple and their new Thunderbird cruiser, Victory, Suzuki B-King, and Kawasaki Concours sport-touring bike. I just wanted to sit on some bikes to tide me over until the new HD's are announced, and I can stare at pictures online until the dealers get 'em

I can't say that I really like anything Victory makes. The Triumph Thunderbird is unique (98ci parallel twin, 85HP/108TQ) and looks okay, but I found myself staring at it from all angles deciding whether or not I like it. With a Harley, I take one glance and say "man that's a badass looking bike".

I really like the Yamaha FZ1 standard bike. R1 motor, comfy upright seating position, little fairing that should block wind well, looks cool. I could see myself having one parked next to my new HD in the garage.

I just love motorcycles, all kinds. The old school look of the Triumph Bonneville appeals to me too, although it's much too small a bike for me. But, when it comes to cruisers, if there is anything out there that makes me grin like a Harley does, I ain't found it yet!

Old 07-18-2009 | 03:15 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I am the same...HD have a soul of their own .....that patato patato sound makes me grin...I like a lot of other bikes but i think the HD gives me what i want at this point in life that i am looking for....i may have another brand in the future but probably will be parked besides a HD in the shed....

Old 07-18-2009 | 05:58 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm definitely curious as many are. But no way am I in the market for a new ride!

Old 07-18-2009 | 07:26 AM
netvampire
Tourer

I just love motorcycles, all kinds. The old school look of the Triumph Bonneville appeals to me too, although it's much too small a bike for me. But, when it comes to cruisers, if there is anything out there that makes me grin like a Harley does, I ain't found it yet!
I too love bonnies, but there is only one bike other than a harley that i absolutely love with a passion.And thats a (Ducati sport classic s) i just stare at them for hours. I did own one but the clutch was just way to heavy to use as a commute bike, so sadly i sold it.
But i wont go into a ducati store in fear of buying another one.especially since they released a black model this year.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Harleys being introed to press now.-picture-012.jpg  
Old 07-18-2009 | 07:33 AM
pte359
Tourer

With all the hype over the 2010s and the cut backs at the plants it has to make one think how much better a paid for or close to paid for bike looks with you sitting on it.
Go to the dealership and look when they arrive then head back out and get on old hooptie and ride off thinking how good it has been to you over the years. It will suprise you how much a new peice of chrome can make her look as good as a new one.

Old 07-18-2009 | 09:46 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

I have a 2008. Rode a buddies 2009, and I could immediately tell a difference in handling with the frame and tire combo. I will not lie. It will be hard for me not to maybe consider a trade in 2010. Today I am on the fence with it.....

Quick Reply: 2010 Harleys being introed to press now.