General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nobody Died!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Dutch110
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nobody Died!

I understand when someone loses someone close to them in an accident and they want to post up just to vent their feelings. I get it. But what I don't get are the people who post up all the news items from their local papers about fatal bike accidents. I know, don't open the threads, you say. I don't need to when the titles are "Lost another one" or "Local guy hit by truck." I come here to relax and have fun. Not to get bummed out by reading about how many people die while riding bikes.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:28 PM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couldn't agree with you more.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,269 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Too many times a biker is killed and it is treated as no big deal.

Drunk drivers, cell phones talkers, nail painters, all seem to get a pass because motorcycles are already dangerous. Just another biker, so what.

This is a motorcycle community. It is relevant information what caused an accident and how to avoid it. It is also important how the biker and the driver are treated after the fact.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:35 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Nothing wrong with paying respect to our fallen.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:36 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

I couldn't agree with you less. It is important to help each other realize what sort of incidents are happening to motorcyclists out there, rarely are two crashes the same, and something can be learned from each one that will keep everyone just a little bit safer.

You said it yourself - don't open the threads. To me, that's much more useful information than seeing a thread 90 people reply to saying "looks good" because somebody did yet another 5 minute modification that everyone else also did and posted a picture of it. although, those threads are great too, this is a community, there are lots of options for spending your time here, exercise that.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by schumacher
Nothing wrong with paying respect to our fallen.
I agree, and It reminds us that WE have to be the ones paying attention. Sometimes that still isn't enough.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Softail Girl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest that the admin starts a new section to report that kind of news. There is a special section for Prayers needed, isn't there? It would follow the same line...

Old 07-08-2009, 04:42 PM
DYNAJoe
Banned

..this could get NASTY!!!.....

Old 07-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Softail Girl
I suggest that the admin starts a new section to report that kind of news. There is a special section for Prayers needed, isn't there? It would follow the same line...
I like this idea!!

Old 07-08-2009, 04:48 PM
travroc
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Softail Girl
Good idea. Perhaps I'm a little self centered, but I do not need to be reminded how dangerous riding is. I understand the "paying respect for a fallen rider" ideal, but how does reading a news report do that. Join your local ABATE or another group that stands for riders both alive and fallen and pay your respects that way. The general forum isn't the 5 o'clock news. JMFUO.

Quick Reply: Nobody Died!