General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nobody Died!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:48 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by motordrum
I agree, and It reminds us that WE have to be the ones paying attention. Sometimes that still isn't enough.
and making a special section for these would pretty much insure no one would read them....

Old 07-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Monochrome
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Advrider they have a 'face plant' section where members report their accidents and in some case their rehabilitation. That way people know what the threads are going to be about and can read or avoid. I think it is a useful section as the support a downed rider gets goes a long way in helping someone going through a bad time.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Softail Girl
I suggest that the admin starts a new section to report that kind of news. There is a special section for Prayers needed, isn't there? It would follow the same line...
this is the worst thing to do,yea a whole section of death on a bike !

Old 07-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Dutch110
Tourer

If you need to see a thread posted about people getting killed while riding to realize it's a dangerous hobby and that people in cages are out to kill you then you may want to take up another past time. And like I said, I don't read the threads, but when you open this section up and there are two or three threads with death of a biker in the title it is depressing. I am all for respecting fallen riders so why not start another forum for that purpose?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say don't change a thing. Nobody wants to look at or hear about it but everyone else out there already turns the other way. As bikers we need to at least let any survivors of fallen riders know we care. That and it's a good wake up call reminding us to watch out for the crazy phucktards out there that are trying to kill us.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Dutch110
Tourer

Originally Posted by CHEESE
I couldn't agree with you less. It is important to help each other realize what sort of incidents are happening to motorcyclists out there, rarely are two crashes the same, and something can be learned from each one that will keep everyone just a little bit safer.

So tell me, what did you learn from the news report about the Texas woman who lost control of her bike and ran off a cliff at the Gap and died? 99.99% of the time there is nothing reported in the news as to the actual cause. I locked up the brakes, target fixated and t-boned a trash truck is reported as "Motorcyclist dies in trash truck incident." Now if we are talking about incidents where the rider lives to tell his tale then I am 110% in agreement with you.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the admins should start a section for people to whine about what's in other sections.....

Old 07-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

OK Guys. I can't start a new section every time somebody comes up with an idea. I'm not big on reading about all the crashes either unless it has something to do with a fallen forum member. We can all read the newspaper. I mean no disrespect to any fallen riders but I've been riding for over 40 years and know the danger involved. Now, before this gets out of hand I'm just gonna put an end to it.