General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good or Bad Lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:40 AM
kjtoys
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jacks

Ill stay with the pitbull jack. They are high but if you use one you will own one. Ive seen an ultra classic with two people sitting on the bike and the lift was rolled all over the area for a demonstration and it was very stable even with the people sitting on the bike. Also you can change your oil using this jack. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:13 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

I'm saving my money for a direct lift table. The J&S Jack is nice, but I wonder how versatile it is. With the lift table, I can work on any bike I want, from my Ducati to my motocross bike, and with the BlackJack 1000 Scissor lift, I can also get the wheels off the ground. If all I was going to own were Harleys, the J&S would seem to be the ticket. But for the $$$, I can have a Direct Lift for only a couple hundred more $$$. Go to derekweaver.com to see what I'm talking about (No, I have no affiliation, just been researching this for about 9 months, trying to decide what the best option would be for me - I have a Duc, the Wide Glide and a YZ-426. Who knows what I'll have in a few years, so I wanna get what's most versatile...)

Old 07-06-2009, 10:21 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the Sears red for years and it was OK...have the yellow now and it is a great lil lift.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Saving my pennies for a J&S jack!

Old 07-06-2009, 12:15 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chief, I have the HF and use it frequently. I was wanting a different jack but the wife went out and bought me the HF for birthday or Father's Day or something.

I will put one of our bikes on it, roll it out of the garage to wash or whatever and roll it back in. I have taken my front or rear tires off NEVER having used a tie down.

Why pay more for a jack that essentially does the same thing?

As one poster stated, it is a little difficult to lower a bike slowly but it can be done.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,948 Likes on 1,932 Posts

I have the harbor freight jack as well. It's only shortcoming is that it does not come with straps.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use sear red jack for a year and I was all was having to lift the bike before going under my bike. And forget it if you have a flat tire to fix. I have the yellow sear jack now and it's so much better than the red jack. It lowers down about 1 1/2" lower. It's light for dragging around the yard.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:43 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I got the sears red. I think it sucks based on having to use those damn lift adapters on my dyna frame. Save your money and buy a J&S or Pitbull jack. Both are about the same cost. Screw those lift adapters

Old 07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
ronny c.
Tourer

i bought a harber freight ratchet once, when i picked it up the 1st time the guts fell out of it. tried h. f. sockets once, they rounded off on the 1st use,[very soft metal] sears has lifetime guarantee, easy to find a sears. my 2 cents

Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used a Red Sears lift on my Ultra Classic that worked fine. I plan on continuing using it on my '07 King Classic.

Quick Reply: Good or Bad Lift