General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy New 09 at cost at Indy North today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:15 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts
Default Buy New 09 at cost at Indy North today.

our dealer is have a sale today. Indy North 96th street

Hi and Welcome to
Harley-Davidson of Indianapolis' E-Newsletter!

The holiday weekend is fast approaching and we are celebrating with Employee Discounts for Everyone on all new Harley-Davidson and Honda Motorcycles!

Saturday, July 4th for 5-Hours ONLY
YOU PAY WHAT WE PAY,
yes, you read it correctly,
YOU PAY WHAT WE PAY
on the purchase of any new motorcycle.

After you purchase your new Harley-Davidson or Honda Motorcycle, we will also offer you employee pricing on parts, motorclothes and accessories.

This offer will not be offered at any other time, so this is a great time to not only purchase your new motorcycle at an unheard of price, but also to purchase parts, motorclothes and accessories for your new motorcycle.

Come celebrate your independence with us!

4th of July Hours
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Stone1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any one go to this and know what a 09 Ultra is selling for? I'm thinking of a left over 09 or getting a 10 model. Curios as to what the dealer cost actually is.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Brooklyn Devil Dog
Road Captain

Hope you're not holding your breath for a response. I doubt any stealer is going to display their actual costs here on a public forum.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:23 PM
tourman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These "At Cost" sales are a bunch of BS. No dealer can stay in business selling at cost. No way I could Think about it

Last edited by tourman; 07-04-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:43 PM
ukrmh
2nd Gear
Default Employee Pricing?

I would be real curious to get feedback from anyone who tried to buy a bike there today! "You pay what we pay!"
A dealer in KC runs "employee pricing" ads all the time, but it turns out they sell at msrp. They say they sell to Harley factory employees here at msrp, and those employees get a rebate from Harley as an employee- not available to me because I don't work for HD.
Technically, they sell to me for what they sell to HD employees, but I don't get the 20% +/- back HD employees get!!!!!!!
Let us know what you hear. I may ride over from KC if I could buy a new 09 Ultra for under $17K, out the door.
Bob

Old 07-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Stone1
Tourer

Nope, I did not expect a dealer would post what the actually cost is on a Ultra, I was hoping someone could post what they had for the so called sale price. I would guess the mark up on a Ultra is $4-5K but I also understand the dealer has to turn some profit to keep the lights on at the shop.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 AM
zapps
Cruiser

It didn't say dealer cost, it said employee price which could be anything the dealer wants it to be.
Zapps
2008 Ultra

Old 07-05-2009, 09:53 AM
AtlRKC
Novice

Originally Posted by tourman
These "At Cost" sales are a bunch of BS. No dealer can stay in business selling at cost. No way I could Think about it

Actually they could. With cars and I'm sure motorcycles the dealers get money back for every unit they sell. Plus they are paying huge interest on the inventory. It makes sense to move the old product out and save the floorplan cost especially with new models due soon. Also there will probably be an average parts/accessories/service ticket of around $1,500.00 that is fairly large profit margin. If the product has been sitting for 90 days or more it really needs to go as interest adds up. Probably well over $100.00 per bike per month

Old 07-06-2009, 04:46 AM
WildBillHarley
Cruiser
Red face dealer cost

I work for a major automotive manufacturer and our price is at dealer cost. I have bought two new vehicles this way. The savings was about 15% off sticker price both times. Of course the more expensive the vehicle the more you save. Not sure about the motorcycle industry but the autos have a "dealer holdback" which is released to the dealer upon sale of the vechicle. This depends on the manufacturer but is normally 2-2.5%. So the dealer can sell the vehicle to me at his cost and make 2.5% on the sale when they get their holdback. Thats $500 on a $20,000 vehicle. I just locally bought a 2009 Ultra and had seen the employee pricing from the KC dealer on their website. Figured they would just screw me so was not worth the trip, but i didnt call them to find out pricing but dont think they would give it over the phone anyway. Actually got a fair deal from the local dealer(6 miles away), but doesnt bother me if they make a few bucks cause they gotta eat just like I gotta eat.