General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on this place. I'll be sure to avoid that place. If you had ventured down to the Texas Hill country instead of Alabama, I could VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Frio Pecan Farm for it's first class cabin ammenities complete with central air and plumbing. Stayed there with about 30 friends from another forum and had a GREAT time back in May.

http://www.friopecanfarm.com/

Old 07-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Hammer107
Road Master

Despite what he told you, your credit card company will quickly and easily deny that charge. He's just trying to pre-emptive strike you hoping that his comment will discourage you from trying it.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:40 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,542 Likes on 5,081 Posts

Looks like a quaint place to go, according to their website, http://www.29dreams.com/ but after reading this entire thread,,,I don't think so. Bath Houses with the "ultimate privacy". Is that so you can have orgies?

Old 07-03-2009, 08:33 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for all the advice. I have the ball rolling for the charge back, so we'll see what happens.

A lot of good information from the locals l.ray and a good post from carbide. You know it's a shame because that place has a lot of potential.

sea hag, that's what I'm talking about. That link has been saved to fav's.

Now if we had known an orgy was involved we may have stayed...

Old 07-03-2009, 12:44 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like another place to scratch off the list when down there!

Old 07-04-2009, 09:21 AM
tajohns
Cruiser

Thanks for the info. I will definitely stay away and will pass the word on.
Can't imagine the arrogance of that S.O.B.

I have never had the CC company turn down a charge back, just write a good letter. I would also in-close a copy of their note to you.

Good luck

Old 07-04-2009, 09:48 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I didn't read all the responses, so I don't know if anyone touched on this or not.

If it were me, I'd get on their website and scrutinize it. Make sure that it doesn't have the "primitive" conditions listed on it. If it doesn't, print it off right then. (they may add that later).

Then I'd contact the CC people and start the chargeback. And you've got the print-out available for any challenges.

Edit:

Okay, I just found this;

If you decide to stay over you'll will find our air-conditioned log cabins comfortable, clean and private. The resort welcomes all enthusiast and is the ideal location for group meetings or just getting together to socialize. Whether you are beginning a day ride, ending a two-week journey, or meeting friends for a cold drink 29 Dreams is not to be missed. This 29 acre resort's features include:
  • Members Shop offering selected Motorcycling Apparel
  • Emergency Service for your motorcycle.
  • A full, well stocked restaurant with a bar that serves excellent meals, including a dinner specials on the first consecutive Friday and Saturday nights of the month, and breakfast buffets every Saturday and Sunday morning that will make you think of your grandmother
  • Spacious front porch with ceiling fans and outside music, complete with rocking chairs to help you relax the day away
  • Courtyard picnic tables under a pavilion, surrounding an outside bar
  • Outdoor Stage with live music during selected events
  • A lodge equipped with satellite, high definition video, high fidelity sound, including Wi-Fi
  • Bathhouse, constructed of cedar and air conditioned with five individual bath suites for the ultimate in privacy, the bathhouse also features a large wooden deck overlooking the park
  • Secluded, air conditioned cedar cabins that accommodate up to three riders in splendid comfort
  • Each cabin has it's own porch with a large comfortable swing
  • Numerous private campsites and lounge type swings throughout the property
  • Laundry facilities
  • RV sites are coming soon, stay informed, sign up for the newsletter now!
And nowhere else on the site to they talk about accomodations. I'd say they misrepresent what they have.

Last edited by DannyZ71; 07-04-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:53 AM
helixhippie
Road Master

CarbideDude said I everything I wanted to say.
I used to go there & really enjoyed it. I got along with Tim just fine.
I'm really sorry to hear that his Dreams are crashing.
(It's on 29 acres, he stayed at a motorcycle resort in NY once & dreamed of owning one for several years, when he bought the land in Alabama, each acre was a dream come true as he told me once.)

Old 07-12-2009, 12:39 PM
CarbideDude
Tourer

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
I didn't read all the responses, so I don't know if anyone touched on this or not.

If it were me, I'd get on their website and scrutinize it. Make sure that it doesn't have the "primitive" conditions listed on it. If it doesn't, print it off right then. (they may add that later).

Then I'd contact the CC people and start the chargeback. And you've got the print-out available for any challenges.

Edit:

Okay, I just found this;

And nowhere else on the site to they talk about accomodations. I'd say they misrepresent what they have.
I didn't go to their Web site but I read that list about 5 times and IMO the only thing that could be construed as misrepresentation is the part about "spendid comfort". The do mention the bath house, so you've got to infer from that that ya got no pot in the cabin. On the plus side those cabins are very clean. On the negative, they are tiny. I mean, real tiny.

I'm glad you folks have had such good luck on chargebacks, because I've tried it twice and got SCREWED both times. I paid insurance on bike transport which I bought on eBay and it arrived with the key broke off in the ignition. Cost me $1200 to get it fixed and Visa would NOT make them honor the claim. Getting my blood pressure up right now just thinking about it.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:07 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

Make sure you post an update about the response you get from your credit card company and whether or not you got your depost back. Put it in a new thread.

Quick Reply: 29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)