General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:59 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. You should post it up on Ripoff Report that way your message can reach a larger audience.
Nice site. had never heard of it. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up for a place not to ever go to.
Hawaii? You're gonna get a little wet ain't you?

Wow, that guy's a jackass. Definately on my list of places to never visit. I agree you should send him the link or we can all e-mail him and let him know the ramifications of his actions.
Yeah and a little fellow at that. Must be that Napoleon thing.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:32 PM
aeronautic1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad move!!

Look, if it was my establishment, I would have at the very least given you a 50% refund AND gotten on the phone and made reservations for you at the Best Western.

A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing... from the hundreds of bikers who are reading this thread.

Let us know how the charge back goes.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:34 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
plus a $29.00 membership fee.
well, im a little confused.

why exactly would a lodging place require a "membership fee"?

what are you becoming a member of?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 PM
leatherhead
Intermediate

I rode over there back in February ( one of the nice weather weekends) the food wasn't that good, had to pay $5 to be there, had a hamburger, drank 2 beers and left. I wasn't impressed and I thought the owner was a**hole then. I asked for a cheese burger and he said it was to early in the year for him to buy cheese. I understand it was a slow time of year but he was rude about it. I notice the cabins looked rustic. I will not return either!

Hope you get your money back.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live 7 miles from there. Tim, the owner has just about run all us locals off
because he's an ashole! The statement..
Shannon has been patient with your request as have the rest of the staff here at 29 Dreams. Shannon is a part-time barmaid, though a very good one. Same owner as always. Membership is due to sunday no sales on beer. The guy is a yankee living in the south with no business sense.
By the end of summer IMHO, he will be out of biz. Don't feel special...
he's rude to all. This is a great area for biker's, comeon down
just avoid Neverland 29 hahaha

Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 PM
kccustom
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder how much money they have lost because of that post alone, I hope the 80 some odd bucks was worth it, not only would I try to get my money back I would post on every forum I could find.

Then I would send them links.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the heads up......puttin that one on the DON'T do list......

Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 PM
DPFhd883
Tourer

WOW! Sounds like someone needs to raise some good old fashioned hell. I'd never put up with some ignorant @$$hole talking to me that way and being an "internet toughguy". I'd find all of the misrepresented info that you have and if that don't work, well you read the 1st part of the post.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:46 AM
baldric
Road Warrior
Received 3,114 Likes on 659 Posts

Can't tell ya what "Bath house" in Alabama may mean but up here in Alberta you avoid those unless ya like to ride "B$$ch". Bud does alot of C.C purchases over the phone or net for business. Something like this happens he just tells the C.C Co to produce a SIGNED reciept, if they cant he tells them that he is'nt paying. Has'nt had a problem yet.
Worth a try maybe.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:00 AM
CarbideDude
Tourer

I live on the other side of Birmingham and I'm pretty familiar with 29 Dreams. I want to point out some things:

The membership fee is because the only way you can sell booze on Sunday in Alabama is to be a private club. This place was set up originally for bikers from all over to hang out on weekends, and selling booze was originally about their only source of revenue. With the camping and the cabins you could party hard, and not have to worry about riding home drunk. They use to try to have a band there on most Sat and Sun nights, but I haven't seen anything about a band this year.

This year every time I have gone there, there are far fewer bikes. I mean like 20% of the bikes I remember at the peak. I do think the gimmicky phase of motorcyling may be tapering off, as the posers find out it's not always like the movies, you often get soaking wet and sweaty hot and cut off by cars and covered with bugs and sometimes flat tires and sometimes it don't start. Maybe its just the economy is doing so bad.

I know the weather has had a lot to do with it this year. We started out with the wettest Spring I have ever seen in my 49 years. I think it rained every single weekend for 3 solid months. Then, when the rain stopped, the heat and humidity came on stronger than I can ever remember. I still ride in this crap, but I know lots of folks - even my son - just don't want to get out in it. Just this past week has it got really nice, with a 10 degree drop in temps and a huge decline in humidity.

I would guess one reason the cost of the rooms is so high is because of insurance. The owner commented to me about that one time about how when you put motorcycles together with booze, insurance companies just don't want to touch you. He said he has to pay out a fortune in premiums.

Last edited by CarbideDude; 07-23-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Quick Reply: 29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)