General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Kabear
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,060 Likes on 1,188 Posts

We were members once at 29 Dreams, went back for a repeat visit and was told our membership cards were no good. "Their computer had crashed" so they cancelled everyones membership and we would have had to re-pay if we wanted to stay.

Told them to stick it where the sun don't shine and left...there are to many really nice motels around the area to put up with their sh(t anyway. The neat road is free for the riding and that is what you go there for anyway, pluse Barbers and Sonic in Leeds..

Will NEVER stop there again.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kabear
We were members once at 29 Dreams, went back for a repeat visit and was told our membership cards were no good. "Their computer had crashed" so they cancelled everyones membership and we would have had to re-pay if we wanted to stay.

Told them to stick it where the sun don't shine and left...there are to many really nice motels around the area to put up with their sh(t anyway. The neat road is free for the riding and that is what you go there for anyway, pluse Barbers and Sonic in Leeds..

Will NEVER stop there again.
That makes a bunch of us.

This board is full of experience. I wish now I had posted our plans so I could have heard all of this beforehand.

Sonic in Leeds? Car show/ Bike show?..We really like that area, will have to check that out.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Theo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. You should post it up on Ripoff Report that way your message can reach a larger audience.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:02 PM
69z28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live just about 130 miles from them and we were planning a trip to Barbers later this year when it cools off and were toying with the idea of staying the nite there,but not now,when I say we I mean about 20 of us.We'll just make a day ride of it.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:26 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 69z28
I live just about 130 miles from them and we were planning a trip to Barbers later this year when it cools off and were toying with the idea of staying the nite there,but not now,when I say we I mean about 20 of us.We'll just make a day ride of it.
Have you ever been to Barber? If not, it is real easy to spend 3-4 hours there. There are a lot of good motels in the Leeds/Moody area.

I will have to check the schedule but I think Oct. 9-11 is nostalgia weekend and heard they were having a swap meet. We'll be there too.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:29 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the heads up for a place not to ever go to.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:52 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Do they have a web-site? If so, are there pictures of their cabins posted on it?
Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
They do now but there wasn't any when we made reservations a month ago.
Are you saying they did not have a website a month ago?

...Or that they did not have pictures of the cabins on their website a month ago?

Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
Are you saying they did not have a website a month ago?

...Or that they did not have pictures of the cabins on their website a month ago?
There were no pictures of the cabins a month ago.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:37 PM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that guy's a jackass. Definately on my list of places to never visit. I agree you should send him the link or we can all e-mail him and let him know the ramifications of his actions.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:49 PM
69z28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
Have you ever been to Barber? If not, it is real easy to spend 3-4 hours there. There are a lot of good motels in the Leeds/Moody area.

I will have to check the schedule but I think Oct. 9-11 is nostalgia weekend and heard they were having a swap meet. We'll be there too.
Yes,I have.Great place and I recomend it to anyone.World class Museum and race track.We have a ride planned there soon,not sure of the date.

Quick Reply: 29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)