Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TideRKC
I'm not sure when but I do know that they have had a change in ownership. Looks like the new owners (to use their words) "must still be growing up."

Pursue a chargeback through your credit card company. The worst they can say is no.
That may be Tide. While at Trussville HD a couple of locals asked "if they had opened back up"? They thought they had gone out of business.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
Hey TJ - we actually enjoy the "rustic" KOA type campgrounds. But this was our 20th anniversary, so we kinda' wanted sumtin' special. And KOA isn't $112.00 per night ($83.00 + $29.00 membership)

And he is not a red dot...I'm still laughing at your post.
Yeah...no chit! That's damned expensive for KOA type cabins. I remember checkin out 29 Dreams a couple years ago...and, I know the cabins weren't that high back then 'cause I was thinkin 'bout stoppin over there...and, I would never pay that much for those kinda cabins.

Like ya mentioned tho...'least ya didn't encounter Haji from the Twilight Zone...I'd rather lose the 83 bucks.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 AM
SWITCHED2HARLEY
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually work about 2 miles from 29 dreams. It is empty most of the times and it is hard to believe they want that much a night for lack of creature comforts. The owner had been going through a divorce and recently raised the membership fees. If you stop by as a guest you have to pay $5.00 to hang out.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SWITCHED2HARLEY
I actually work about 2 miles from 29 dreams. It is empty most of the times and it is hard to believe they want that much a night for lack of creature comforts. The owner had been going through a divorce and recently raised the membership fees. If you stop by as a guest you have to pay $5.00 to hang out.
That's just crazy. So if you want to run over and grab a burger at lunch it's gonna cost you an extra 5 bucks?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:34 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,926 Likes on 6,646 Posts

Are you sure you didn't mis-read the resort name? It sounds more like "29 Streams", referring to the average number of people pissing out the window at 2 AM, instead of going 300 yards. You could always "burn a mule" behind the cabin, and blame it on the wildlife ("No, really......it was the biggest raccoon I've ever seen!")

My $112.00 worth.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:55 AM
badlandr
Road Captain

Thanks for the warning RK Ron even though I've been there and seen the cabins etc...
I been thinking about going there but for $100+ I would go to a hotel and enjoy A\C and indoor bath and pisser. I HATE bad customer service and won't do business with people who think they're doing me a favor taking my $$, if I can help it.

I believe there is no excuse for a company in the service business to take someones money if they can't deliver or provide their services to a customer's satisfaction espically in the entertainment and rec industry.

Attitude is everything!

Old 07-02-2009, 11:02 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Are you sure you didn't mis-read the resort name? It sounds more like "29 Streams", referring to the average number of people pissing out the window at 2 AM, instead of going 300 yards. You could always "burn a mule" behind the cabin, and blame it on the wildlife ("No, really......it was the biggest raccoon I've ever seen!")

My $112.00 worth.
hehe..What window?

My wife now refers to it as "29 Nightmares".

Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by badlandr
Thanks for the warning RK Ron even though I've been there and seen the cabins etc...
I been thinking about going there but for $100+ I would go to a hotel and enjoy A\C and indoor bath and pisser. I HATE bad customer service and won't do business with people who think they're doing me a favor taking my $$, if I can help it.

I believe there is no excuse for a company in the service business to take someones money if they can't deliver or provide their services to a customer's satisfaction espically in the entertainment and rec industry.

Attitude is everything!
Ain't that the truth...

If in the area we can recommend, highly, the Best Western in Moody. Just out of Leeds and close to some good rides.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Uncle Fester
Tourer

That's just absurd. I get the feeling that the idiot running this place isn't even remotely familiar with good business practices. It's a business axiom that you lose far more business by poor customer relations than you ever would by "breaking your own rules". I could maybe see his point if you'd stayed overnight, then complained, but come on. And to top it off with childish personal remarks? In writing, no less?

If he'd refunded your money, the worst you could really do would be to let people know, "These cabins are pretty rustic for what they're charging." Now anyone persuing the boards will know the owners are ********, and the cabins suck.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Ya know, it seems more and more these days it is the old, "Ya pays ya money, YA TAKES YA CHANCES " kind of a deal where ever you go!

Quick Reply: 29 Dreams - Motorcycle Resort ???? (sorry but long post)