General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on Dallas/Ft. Worth HD dealers

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 10:21 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Dallas/Ft. Worth HD dealers

Getting close to shopping for a new FLSTCI. I know there are several dealers in the area. I am smack dab in the middle of the metroplex on the north side. Does anyone have any information on the dealers that are in my area. Bedford and Corinth are the closest, but I am willing to travel for the best service and support. Price is important as well, but I have heard too many horror stories about techs not knowing what the hell is going on with a bike. I also want answers to the questions I will have as a new owner.

I visited the "Stealers and Dealers" website, but there is not a whole lot of current information on the site right now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-25-2005, 11:57 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Info on Dallas/Ft. Worth HD dealers

I just bought my road king from Allen off of 75. But the Carrollton store was impressive & I would have bought from Carrollton if not for Allen giveing me a great deal. Let me know & i will hook you up with my sale guy. Where ever you go ask for MSRP! Don't pay a dime over MSRP!!

Old 04-26-2005, 12:29 AM
cash
Cruiser

I am also getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Road King from a DFW dealer. I have shopped at Carrollton, Corinth, Bedford, Grand Prairie and Fort Worth. The Bedford and Fort Worth dealerships have the same ownership. Bedford has a very large inventory. Fort Worth has a great atmosphere -- Example: On Saturdays they have free pancakes in the morning, free hot dogs at lunch and usually have live music in the showroom on Saturdays. As to price I think they are all pretty much the same. MSRP is the norm but they add on $595 Freight (Should be $270 per the HD website) and $600 dealer setup which has a lot of profit in it. I think the thing to do is accept that all the DFW dealerships are good and go with the one that is most convenient for you to use. If you buy from where you intend to get your service and accessories you will build a relationship with the dealer and likely come out ahead in the long run. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-28-2005, 05:54 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

Thanks for the info so far. Do either one of you know much about their service depts? I would assume the techs bounce around from store to store. Any impressions what support you will get in the back end?

Old 04-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Brad
Novice

I agree with not paying of what the H-D book says. Shop around for financing - my local bank beat H-D. Pay what the H-D book says regarding shipping and set-up. Also, look-out for any dealer that says you must buy $x.xx amount of accessories and don't go for the extended warranty with hotel/meals coverage - H.O.G. provides the same thing for an extra $30.00 (one dealer tried to sell me on this at $750.00!!!!

Good luck and good riding.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Brad
Novice

Shoud have read: I agree with not paying more than what the H-D book says. Don't know how my initial message got screwed-up.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:20 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

Thanks Brad. I am in the automotive business and I know what a profit scam some of the aftermarket service contracts can be. I agree on not paying more than what HD states for prep and freight. Another big profit maker.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
112NDZ28
Intermediate

SilverDawg---

I bought my 05 Dyna Wide from Longhorn Harley over in Grand Prairie and have had nothing but awesome service from looking, asking tons of questions, and finally buying the bike. Service dept. has been great to me as well and have done things pretty quickly (oil change, add ons, etc). Hit thm up if you get a chance. Good luck in your search..Ryan

Old 06-08-2005, 02:55 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

Ended up going with American Eagle HD in Cornith. Bike expected in next week. So far, it's been a very positive experience. More later.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:58 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Make sure you check the dealer in Iowa Park, Red River HD. Might be a bit out of the way, but their prices were always around msrp, even when the DFW area stealers were gouging $5 - 8k over.

Quick Reply: Info on Dallas/Ft. Worth HD dealers