General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on Dallas/Ft. Worth HD dealers

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 11:56 PM
bastardmaker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Info on Dallas/Ft. Worth HD dealers

there is a dealer in allin on north 75. they have a huge inventory, and their rates seem to be pretty standard.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:58 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

American Eagle was at MSRP. The store in Allen was significantly over. They also had the hard sell push, which instantly turns me off to their store. I know what I wanted, and I hate to be sold.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:21 PM
RiderUp
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: SilverDawg

Ended up going with American Eagle HD in Cornith. Bike expected in next week. So far, it's been a very positive experience. More later.
I bought a Harley 6 months ago from Fort Worth Harley-Davidson (TX) and had a very good experience with the Salesman. I have also bought a couple thousand in accessories (bike & clothing) in the meantime and ride with their HOG chapter. However, when I went back last week to trade it for a 2007 model the management treated me like crap (salesman was still great). Management didn't seem the least bit interested when we spoke and quoted me a price so rediculous that it was insulting. I tried to deal with them, but the sales mgr told me that I didn't need the bike and should get a different one instead. Guess what, they didn't have the one I wanted in stock, but they had the one the sales mgr was pushing on me. In the end, the manager wasn't willing to budge at all on the crazy price and told me he could sell it to somebody else and didn't need my business. I was furious and told them I would definately let my feet do the talking. The price had a lot to do with it, but ignoring what I was saying, talking down the other product in order to sell something they had in stock, and the "who cares if you bought from us" type of attitude pushed it over the top.

I then called American Eagle Harley-Davidson in Corinth, TX and they were awesome. I couldn't believe how easy they made the experience. The salesman told me to give him a couple of minutes and then quoted me a price I was very happy with. This was all over phone and having never done business with me before. I picked up my 2007 Ultra Classic the next day. Can't say enough great things about that dealership and the way I was treated. Funny thing is, I only knew about them after receiving a recommendation from a fella that I met on a ride the weekend before. He had the same great things to say about Corinth HD and I'm a happy customer now as well.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:29 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corinth (Eagle HD), Carrolton (N. TX) are the same owner. They are very good on prices and pretty good on svc. Longhorn in Arlington (I20) is also good. The Allen/Garland stores overcharge most people on bikes.

...fixed screw-up

Old 10-06-2006, 08:31 PM
PSO169
Road Master

Silverdawg
Who did you buy from??? I wish you would have told me I would have sent you to Rod then spilt the referal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rider Up I went to FW HD several times looking before I was close to buying. I am 6' and about 325 clean cut but not very hard to miss. I was completley ignored each time. I was wearing my Wind&Fire t-shirt one time and then my southern rally t-shirt the next time. Ignored both times. They are owned by the same family and I would not buy a bike from them. They had a run in with one of my co-workers sister and brother-in-law and disagreed with them and kicked them out of thier hog group.

You will not regret going to American Eagle. My first bike came from Allen, they changed owners and forgot how to treat repeat business. I buy nearly everything from American Eagle.
Jeff

Old 10-06-2006, 08:32 PM
PSO169
Road Master

Silverdawg
Are you not getting an Ultra Classic this time???
Jeff

Old 10-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

I ended up buying my Sportster from the dealer in Allen and it was a decent experience as far as buying a high dollar item goes. I had looked around and had gone to the Allen dealership first since it's closest to me. I then called Corinth and they gave me a price on the model and color I wanted, at which point I went back to Allen and mentioned the price they quoted, plus I asked if they would give me the $500 gift card toward accessories deal they were running in Corinth, which they did for me. It's worth mentioning, of course, that I did this all in June toward the end of the model year, so I'm not sure if they will be as easy to deal with if trying to buy a current year.

So far my experience with the dealer in Allen has been a good one and based on that I don't know that you could go wrong with them. That being said I have a neighbor that bought his from Corinth and he and his wife have glowing reviews of their experience buying there. I'm not sure if this makes a difference when looking at dealers for you or not, but as someone else mentioned, Corinth and Carrollton are owned by the same company. From my understanding, it is a family owned and run company. Allen and Garland, on the other hand, are owned by a larger corporation that has dealerships all around the south west which, I guess, can be both good and bad.

I do know that Corinth has a few things going for it that sound kinda cool. My neighbor told me about a deal where they will take you back into the shop and show you how to do basic maintenance on your motorcycle, and he has said that when he brings it in for scheduled maintenance he will ride up there, drop it off, and they will take it back to him on the trailer when they are done so he doesn't have to drive back up. I have no idea if they charge for hauling it back to him, though.

Both dealerships seem to be pretty good, but then that is based on a small sample of experiences.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:38 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in Feb when I ordered my 06 Superglide I called all of the dealers in the DFW area and then called the dealers in Paris and in Tyler and they gave me the best out the door price of ANY dealer around. Every dealer I called stated they all charged MSRP, but they stuck it to ya on the freight and setup charges. When you want to find the best deal just call up and tell the dealer to give you an out-the-door price after TT&L and everything and then you will start to see the big differences.

John

Old 10-07-2006, 02:02 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

Bought both of my bikes from Longhorn Harley in Grand Prairie. They are a smaller HD dealer and therefore give u better service when it comes to sales. The owner or his son is always there and they are good people. They always treat me well when I come in and Im sure they have their days just like we all do. The only thing I would stay clear from at Longhorn is their service dept. Its terrible, but so is Bedfords. Both of these dealerships hire morons who have no bus. wrenching high dollar machines. Because of these 'mechanics' I am now doing all my own maintenance work.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:20 AM
Tralfaz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jmbear328
When you want to find the best deal just call up and tell the dealer to give you an out-the-door price after TT&L and everything and then you will start to see the big differences.
This is a very good point. When I did talk to the guy in Corinth he gave me a breakdown on all associated fees, and gave me the out of the door price. When I went to Allen, the out of the door price was somewhat higher than what it was in Corinth, but that is what they ultimately lowered. In all honestly I have no idea what numbers they monkeyed with to get me the new price since, at that point, all that really mattered was the bottom line of what it would cost me. However, the destination fee I was quoted in Allen before the adjustment was somewhat higher than the fee Corinth quoted me.

Quick Reply: Info on Dallas/Ft. Worth HD dealers