General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What cars are most likley to cut you off

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Pat
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What cars are most likley to cut you off

Anything with a driver in it.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:53 PM
msheldon
Cruiser

I haven't really seen any type of vehicle more likely than another. Yesterday I got run out of my lane by a pickup. Not on a cell phone, not talking to a passenger or anything like that, just not paying attention. He never did see what happened.

The one that pisses me off a bit was a couple of days ago when my wife got run onto the shoulder by a car with a "watch for motorcycles" bumper sticket. Talk about not practicing what you preach.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:22 PM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On the day I brought my new bike home, I was in a merge lane from an intersection with a redlight. Weird intersection. As I was in the merge lane (accelerating to the speed limit), the light turned green. A nice looking lady in a big SUV accelerated like she was coming off the lights at a drag strip. Wal mart was about a quarter mile down the road and I guess she wanted to beat the fat guy on the motor sickle to the turn off. As she pulled up even with me, I noticed the look on her face changed from "intense concentration on the finish line" to "I wonder if that call is for me". She simultaneously loosened her death grip on the steering wheel with her left hand, answered her cell phone with her right and took her foot off the accelerator. I was already on the shoulder of the road past the merge lane at this point and she started drifting over on me. Her window was down, so seeing that I was only about 18 inches from her, I kindly asked her in a very loud voice to give me some room. All of this took approximately 3 or 4 seconds, isn't it funny how time slows down. I have been riding more than 20 years, but I let my guard down just for a few seconds. I feel lucky to have gotten my safety reminder and made it through with only a dirty seat and momentary increase in heart rate.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Unamed
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GADave

Seems the common thread here is anyone not on a motorcycle! My latest was a gangsta in a $500 chevy with $3500 worth of wheels & tires on it. Pulled out in front of me and acted like I wasn't there as I laid on the horn. In his defense though, his seat was laid back so far he couldn't see out of the drivers side window. Makes me wonder... he must have some sort of mirror system installed on the headliner of his car so he can see where he's going??? I could hear the thumpin' of his wolfer over my "loud pipes" though.

Soccer Mom's (like the one I'm married to) on cell phones has to be my number 1 though. Bless their little hearts, they'd really feel bad when you were splattered all over the side of their Suburban, they'd call 911 & cry & apologize & sob to their children about what they'd just done... BUT - THEY WON'T HANG UP & DRIVE!!!

*sigh*

Dave from Georgia
2004 FLSTCI

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 05-20-2006, 06:04 PM
CoolChrome
Cruiser

My driver teacher told me this long time ago.. and he was right.

Watch out for drivers that are wearing a hat.

Anykind of hat; Cowboy's hat, Baseball hat, Amish hat, Jew hats.. if you see a driver with a hat keeepp your disstance !!!

Apparently a hat creates some kind of bubble around the driver, suposivly youre in your own world with a hat...

Drivers with cell phones are such an annoyance and are hard to spot...

For parking lots, do not park near rusty cars, mercedes and vans..

Old 05-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Ringo Fonebone
Advanced

ORIGINAL: aquaskiman

Do you notice a cretin kind of car that is most likely to cut you off or drive in a manner not respecting others? It seems to me that Lexis, Audi and BMW’s are more likely to drive with a screw you aptitude. I don't see this with Mercedes, Cadillac[sm=feedback.gif] or other high end cars.
George
Don't forget Volvos. Those drivers are still getting over the very idea that others are actually allowed on their roads.

And anytime you see any car with a Triple-A (AAA) bumper sticker on it, being driven by an old guy wearing a hat...run for your life.

Old 05-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

*****s with them squinty eyes and the seat moved all the way up and a perpetual stupidass smile....goofyass soccermoms in thier minivans(oughta be outlawed) full of snotnosed bundles of grief...fat ladies eatin on a bag of cheetos...punk kids with garboon hairdo's and cell phones glued to thier ears...S.A.M.(stupid *** mexicans) with no license, insurance, or GREEN CARD...and ANY beater cause they just dont care and it shows

Old 05-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For me it seems I get Scion TC's (especially when it has the big spoiler on the back) and Acura TSX's.

Two times I've been passed in my own lane by an older Mercedes.

I think while the soccer moms in their SUV's are an issue, they are predictable and easy to avoid.

It's kids racing (not just fart can imports, but any car you can mount a fast looking sticker to) that drives me nuts. In every lane at the same time swerving in and out trying to get ahead. Passing in the turn lane/hazard lane/oncoming traffic lane.

Old 05-20-2006, 06:39 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any vehicle not a motorcycle is likely to cut you off, and then the a-hole driver flip you off when they finally do see you.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:13 PM
snipit
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 11,063 Likes on 4,494 Posts

Don't notice much about the cars as much as the TEENS on their cell phones[:@]

Quick Reply: What cars are most likley to cut you off