General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BrightAssLights

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 PM
lviguy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BAL-1 is certainly worth it to me. Without a doubt!

Cages keep their distance, these lights are visible day or night! I run at the brightest setting, with three flashes when I use the brakes.

I've had no negative comments from fellow riders on group rides, either. Just a few who asked where I got them and how much.

A headlight modulator and BAL-1 will really help you be seen. Money well spent to me.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:27 PM
clutchglass
Road Master

I just went to the web site...now THIS looks cool.
-clutch-
http://www.brightasslights.com/site/

Old 06-30-2009, 09:30 PM
LaneG
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I love mine, wouldn't not have it.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:48 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lviguy
A headlight modulator and BAL-1 will really help you be seen. Money well spent to me.
Not really sold on the headlight modulator. Kind of gay imo. Already got a headlight, 2 passing lights and 2 running lights in front. But I'm open to having my mind changed.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:30 AM
lviguy
Cruiser

It's not the amount of light, it's the 6 times per second change in intensity that gets you noticed by the fools on their cellphones in their SUV's.

A couple of quick stories. A moron got out of his SUV in Cottonwood, AZ to bitch about the modulator pissing him off. Damn near worth the c-note it cost me right there! A fellow biker in Lathrop Wells, CA walked over to me as I gassed up and said he could see me coming all the way across Death Valley because of the modulator.

You can actually watch people see you as you ride with one. You see them come to a 'rolling stop' at an intersection, give their head a short swivel and <bing> literally see the light... and stop. Hallelujah!

It's cheap, plug and play visibility. Safety isn't gay, it's smart. Should we have to add modulators and BAL-1's? No. But with all the idiots, morons and distracted drivers in cages why not give yourself the edge?

Old 07-01-2009, 03:21 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,184 Likes on 1,825 Posts

I guess I'm gonna have to pass on the BAL's. i just got a helluva deal on a smoked lens 136 Radiantz LED tail light from Custom Dynamics for $50. Regular price on it is $180.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Sounds like something worthwhile for the wife's Deluxe. Always could use more light to the rear.
And some of us just want a wife with a lighter rear. lol

Old 07-01-2009, 06:42 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by lviguy
It's not the amount of light, it's the 6 times per second change in intensity that gets you noticed by the fools on their cellphones in their SUV's.

A couple of quick stories. A moron got out of his SUV in Cottonwood, AZ to bitch about the modulator pissing him off. Damn near worth the c-note it cost me right there! A fellow biker in Lathrop Wells, CA walked over to me as I gassed up and said he could see me coming all the way across Death Valley because of the modulator.

You can actually watch people see you as you ride with one. You see them come to a 'rolling stop' at an intersection, give their head a short swivel and <bing> literally see the light... and stop. Hallelujah!

It's cheap, plug and play visibility. Safety isn't gay, it's smart. Should we have to add modulators and BAL-1's? No. But with all the idiots, morons and distracted drivers in cages why not give yourself the edge?
Maybe not gay, maybe just not used to seeing them. Some probably think the flashing brakelights are gay.

I get the whole saftely thing but gotta be a line somewhere. For some it's headlight modulators, for others might be this:

Old 07-01-2009, 06:46 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,019 Likes on 22,556 Posts

LED tail light with a back off modulator works for me.
I just wanna be seen.
Was rear ended once at a red light and it wasn't fun.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:09 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by lionsm13
LED tail light with a back off modulator works for me.
I just wanna be seen.
Was rear ended once at a red light and it wasn't fun.
I've been unimpressed by any LED tailights including the Radiance. I can barely notice the difference over the stock light.

That's why I'm anxious to check out these brightass lights. Just checked their site and found that my local dealer carries them.

Quick Reply: BrightAssLights