Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakdown of 2010 models (so far) from CARB

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:20 AM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beercan321
I bet if they sold a liquid-cooled bagger it would open up a new market to them and win over buyers from other brands. Granted, the HD purists won’t like it but the bikes do need to evolve in my opinion in order for the company to remain competitive.
I don't think alienating your loyal base would help sales in the long run. Especially with the bagger guys. I see a lot of them buying a new model on the average of every 3 years.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Beercan321
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bfrmbama
I don't think alienating your loyal base would help sales in the long run. Especially with the bagger guys. I see a lot of them buying a new model on the average of every 3 years.
I don't think adding a liquid-cooled bike to the bagger line up would be alienating anyone. They will never get rid of the air-cooled V-Twin because their brand is built off of that, but adding a liquid-cooled model might attract new buyers that might not currently consider buying a HD.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Slowpoke84
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tda69
Good info. Thanks. Seems to dispell some of the rumors about the Road Glide disappearing in 2010.
Yeah, I was dissapointed when I heard they were gonna discontinue the FLTR. I was plannin' on that bein' my next bike.

Looks like they still might discontinue the "Road Glide." I don't see an FLTR in there. But, maybe with the FLTRU we'll see the return of the Tour Glide. I think those use to be called an FLTC, but maybe FLTRU means Ultra Road Glide.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,240 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
and they're all liquid cooled
And I heard the Ultra's have an option of power windows...

Old 06-30-2009, 09:44 AM
cadman311
Club Member

Like the BMW has front windshield moves up and with your speed

Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Well the Night Train is gone. Bummer

Old 06-30-2009, 01:41 PM
atomicpapa
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QS78
I would assume that the FLXXX is a water cooled touring bike !! Vrod engine
You would most likely be wrong then. It's listed with the other engines in the FL family.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:52 PM
austinharley
Road Captain

atomicpapa, you need to move the Rocker C (FXCWC) out of the Dyna group and back in the Softail family, where it belongs. It's not a Dyna.

Originally Posted by QS78
I would assume that the FLXXX is a water cooled touring bike !! Vrod engine
Not likely, since the FLXXX is listed with a 103 ci engine, which is much bigger than any VRSC motor.

Last edited by austinharley; 06-30-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:56 AM
rmd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink There's no need for a liquid cooled touring

Honestly I wish Harley would make at least one liquid-cooled bike other than the VRod. I understand that the air-cooled V-Twin is part of their brand but they do need to get into the 21st century and make bikes that are more competitive with their Japanese and European counterparts. I bet if they sold a liquid-cooled bagger it would open up a new market to them and win over buyers from other brands. Granted, the HD purists won’t like it but the bikes do need to evolve in my opinion in order for the company to remain competitive.
When you look at statistics for US motorcycle market you can see that HD doesn't need a luquid cooled bagger in my opinion.
http://knol.google.com/k/bobbie7/the...yokwucnoqmb/6#

ANd when you look at this link you will see that HD increased sales in units in overseas which customers use japanese and european bikes more. And as a manufacturer HD increased revenues from year to year which seems it is more profitable to use same old engines.The link also says that in 2007 33% of the bikes sold to people who Owned a competitive motorcycle previously.
http://knol.google.com/k/bobbie7/har...okwucnoqmb/37#

But if you say HD needs to manufacture an ATV I definetely agree with you

Old 07-03-2009, 08:05 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,240 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Honestly I wish Harley would make at least one liquid-cooled bike other than the VRod. I understand that the air-cooled V-Twin is part of their brand but they do need to get into the 21st century and make bikes that are more competitive with their Japanese and European counterparts. I bet if they sold a liquid-cooled bagger it would open up a new market to them and win over buyers from other brands. Granted, the HD purists won’t like it but the bikes do need to evolve in my opinion in order for the company to remain competitive.
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, YU SO WRONG!!!
Now yu go way.....Yu no come back ..........1 year.

Quick Reply: Breakdown of 2010 models (so far) from CARB