General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be careful riding in Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 06:46 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

What a piece of work. Prior arrests, illegal gun, road rage resulting in a trip to the hospital. At what point do we wake up and realize some people will just never have a positive impact on society and therefore should be removed?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:45 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 575 Likes on 346 Posts

Not familiar with the law in Colorado and specific to this idiots previous charges. Do none of those charges or all of the charges (if still pending) taken in whole, subject this person to having a warrant for their arrest? If there was a warrant, did the LEO's try to arrest the idiot?

I'm assuming the idiot is a US citizen, but I ask since I know Denver is a "safe haven" city for illegals. If this guy is an illegal - deport him.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerfromco
Really? I'd have never guess that! I work in downtown Denver and the police are not enforcing the exhaust noise ordinace unless it's after 10 PM and you are disturbing the peace. I had V&H Big Shots on my old duece and have Bub 7's on my RG, but of which are loud enough to draw attention. Thanks for showing your ignorance on several levels.

To the OP, I didn't see this on the news this weekend but if you see more, do keep us updated. That act of road rage should not go unpunished.

EDIT: Just found the full story from the local paper... http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009...tting-motorcy/
A felon Hispanic gang member and I bet they never checked to see if he was an illegal alien up there in Boulder.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that happens everywhere not just in colorado. Road rage is a ***** ******

Old 07-14-2009, 09:40 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Not taking the cage's side...I think they should BBQ that SOBs azz regardless.

BUT! What did that rider do to provoke that driver? When it's bike vs car, the bike usually loses. All I'm saying is don't give anybody an excuse unless you can deal with the consequences. Just gas it and get out of there.

Last edited by carpetride; 07-14-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:43 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, this is the first I heard of it.

But don't you know an off duty cop was riding his bike in Colorado Springs last night and was "WITOUT A HELMET", the dumb twit on the news was sure to point out, and "ran into a mini-van," but then said that no citations have been issued or charges filed.

Hypocrits.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carpetride
Not taking the cage's side...I think they should BBQ that SOBs azz regardless.

BUT! What did that rider do to provoke that driver? When it's bike vs car, the bike usually loses. All I'm saying is don't give anybody an excuse unless you can deal with the consequences. Just gas it and get out of there.
Lots of people get pissed when you can split a lane in traffic and they cant, and if the wrong pissed of cager sees you coming then it would be an unfortunate accident if you rode by just as he was opening his door for something.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:57 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadbroke_bootleg
Lots of people get pissed when you can split a lane in traffic and they cant, and if the wrong pissed of cager sees you coming then it would be an unfortunate accident if you rode by just as he was opening his door for something.
Was this rider lane splitting? He must of been coming up on the cars left side in the left lane to get forced into the median but nobody here saw it. What I'm sayin is yes, the cage was in the wrong regardless but the biker is the vulnerable one. If you want to lane split, fine, but your taking a risk that somebody may try to stop you.

Last edited by carpetride; 07-14-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:59 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on the interview and what he confesses to, what provoked the action, and with those results the defendant will be indicted under such charges that follow the facts. The defendant could be charged with attempted murder....who knows...

Old 07-14-2009, 10:13 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FYI - I think lane splitting is not legal in Colorado.

Quick Reply: Be careful riding in Colorado