General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's one step up from mine...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:16 AM
timberwolfz28
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It's one step up from mine...

Guy pulled up on his 95 Sportster the other night, all stock except the $99 drag pipes. He parked next to me and had the full Harley Halloween costume on... leather vest, sleeveless shirt, bandanna on his head, etc.

He looked at my bike and asked if it was a Deuce.

Not long after I heard him telling a non-rider who was interested in bikes that mine was one step up from his.

I just chuckled on the inside...

Last edited by timberwolfz28; 06-28-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:24 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow the man knows his hawgs!

Old 06-28-2009, 06:20 AM
Chips
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timberwolfz28
Guy pulled up on his 95 Sportster the other night, all stock except the $99 drag pipes. He parked next to me and had the full Harley Halloween costume on... leather vest, sleeveless shirt, bandanna on his head, etc.

Not long after I heard him telling a non-rider who was interested in bikes that mine was one step up from his.

You handled the situation well. Sometimes, it's just not worth it.
Good 4 u!

Old 06-28-2009, 08:01 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah ...and that first step is a doozie.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your a fashion cop you like digging on others without the confrontation your bad ***, wow is that the anniversary addition that come stock all chromed out already.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:53 AM
txtec
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratbasturd
So your a fashion cop you like digging on others without the confrontation your bad ***, wow is that the anniversary addition that come stock all chromed out already.
it also came with the harley fingerless gloves and chaps, wanna bet it aint got but 500 miles on it and its only a 5 mile ride to his nearest starbucks???

Old 06-28-2009, 09:58 AM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ratbasturd
If you think my bike came looking like that, you know about as much about bikes as the bandanna'd douche bag

And I assure you... there's over 10k miles on it, half of those since I bought it less than 1 year ago.

Anyway, not trying to be a 'fashion cop' but I think we all know the type. They buy the bike and then have to buy the attitude and look to go with it. It was very contrived, and he had the 'wannabe badass' attitude the whole night.

Why would I confront him? I was more amused than anything else :lol:

Old 06-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Arcane
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In a sense the guy was correct, the DynaGlide line of HD motorcycles is the next step up from the Sportster. The Dyna’s are the entry point for the big twins and act as an intermediate purchase level before going to the heaver road bikes.

Last edited by Arcane; 06-28-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:12 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Just goes to show, too many people care what other people think

I ride with cheek chillers (assless chaps), a vest (when it's hot) or a full jacket (when it's cooler). leather or fabric fingerless gloves (again depends on temp), "Nam" boots, (for those than know WTF I'm talking about), either full face, 1/2 shell or leather wrap (depending on state and temp).

It's what I've worn for years... it's what feels comfortable on me when I ride... I could give a fig what people think of my fashion sense... hell, I wear assless chaps fer god's sake

But I do know where the comment and statement comes from, We've all seen our share of "badass" wannabes. They get a bike, and think they have to carry a 'tude to go with it.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:17 AM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

Originally Posted by archergodwin
They get a bike, and think they have to carry a 'tude to go with it.
This is all I was trying to point out... wasn't trying to get into a pissing match with you guys

I thought it was fairly amusing (probably moreso for me since I was there) and figured we'd all had our experiences with folks like that

Quick Reply: It's one step up from mine...