General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another reason some don't wave

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 05:54 AM
GoodKnight
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do-rags increase weight on your head and have been known to not only cause spinal fractures, but if you crash, your do-rag can hit a rock, snag onto it, and rip your head off.

They also cause low sperm count.

I know, my brother's, friend's, cousin's, dog's, hamster's, uncle had this happen to him.

Sunglasses also cause tunnel vision. You cant see where the frame of the glasses are. And they constrict the bridge area of your nose, causing you to not be able to breath.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:20 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,542 Likes on 5,081 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD 96
I ride to work with a co-worker. He rides a 650 Yamaha V-Twin. He wears a full face helmet. I wear a do-rag. Obviously he values his head more than I do mine. I noticed he does not wave at other cyclists. As I wave at all. The reason is he does not see them. With a full face helmet he has tunnel vision. He can only see what is directly in front of him.(Or maybe he really is an *******). His helmet may save his life someday. Whereas my do-rag will not. That is each of ours choice. When it is time to go that is it. I feel at least I will have experienced the full sensation of riding a motorcycle. A fool I may be. I wave.
Wow,you call your friend an ******* because he does not wave? I wonder what he calls you for waving all the time

Old 06-26-2009, 06:31 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't wave at any other motorcyclists. Not because I'm not friendly. Not because I don't like other motorcyclists.

Because it's one of those things I just don't get. So they're riding, too. So what? When you're walking do you wave at every pedestrian? When skiing, so you wave at other skiiers? I don't get this whole thing.

I've been riding for years and it's just goofy. HI! Hi, I'm waving...HI! Good fricken grief, who cares, so you're on a bike, too. Gosh, I wish this silly, lame, thing would just go away. Stop waving! Cause you're not getting a wave back!

There, I said it. I said and I'm glad. Stop waving at every cyclist on the road. It's mind numbing. You'll probably never see that guy again anyway. Who cares?

Stop waving back! That will end this foolish, unnecessary, tiring ritual.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha! Look at me, I'm so friendly...oh! There's an other biker...let's wave! HI!!!!! He's riding too, isn't that great?!

Stop and help a biker out on the side of the road. Meet and greet at rallies, the restaurant, bar, parking lot or wherever you're gathered. "Hey, how's it goin? Nice bike, man." You pull up next to a bike, nod your head. It's good, we're riding.

But for the dignity of bikers everywhere, stop the gay assed waving!

Where'd those anti grumpy pills go? I don't care. You're not getting wave from me. What are you, bikers or parade queens on a two wheeled float?

One of the most pointless...gosh, I cringe whenever another motorcyclist approaches..."Here we go again. Another fricken wave from another motorcyclist. Why? I have no friggen clue." *rider waves* "Yea, that's great, nice to see you too, friggin, fraggin, hand waving, putz. Stop waving!" You're encouraging everyone else!

No more to add at this time. Feel free to discuss. You know where I stand. LOL

Where's my meds...

Old 06-26-2009, 06:45 AM
rockDAWG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To OP, don't sweat it. A lot bikers don't wave back when I ride my moped because my pipe is not loud enough. What are going to do, whining about it on the forum???

Old 06-26-2009, 06:57 AM
Donald A
Tourer

I don't wave, guess I'm an *******, so be it...

Old 06-26-2009, 07:04 AM
rockDAWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Donald A
Wat .... you don't wave. How dare you not to salute me and respect me. I have earned my respect before Harley is cool. Go to your corner NOW.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Sportacus
Novice

Back when I first started riding, the "wave" was a clenched fist held high in the air. There were fewer bikes on the road back then and a different mindset to riding. After many years of not riding (30), I started riding again. So much has changed, including the "wave". Things seem much more freeform now than in the past. Heck, you had to have a helmet back then. Now we have choice. Same should go for waving. It is a choice. But remember, every bike on the road (including the scooters) is a vote, a marker for cager awareness of bikes, another voice to insure our rights and privileges don't get trampled by bureaucrats. Wave if you want or not, for whatever reason. We're all in this together. BTW, I choose to wear a full face helmet when I ride around PA. If the cager density were low, I could choose otherwise but there is a great deal of debris (both human and not) flying around on the roads today. Choose wisely and enjoy!

Old 06-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Donald A
I wave, and I am an *******. So that isnt always true.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:24 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Rider
I don't wave at any other motorcyclists. Not because I'm not friendly. Not because I don't like other motorcyclists.

Because it's one of those things I just don't get. So they're riding, too. So what? When you're walking do you wave at every pedestrian? When skiing, so you wave at other skiiers? I don't get this whole thing.

I've been riding for years and it's just goofy. HI! Hi, I'm waving...HI! Good fricken grief, who cares, so you're on a bike, too. Gosh, I wish this silly, lame, thing would just go away. Stop waving! Cause you're not getting a wave back!

There, I said it. I said and I'm glad. Stop waving at every cyclist on the road. It's mind numbing. You'll probably never see that guy again anyway. Who cares?

Stop waving back! That will end this foolish, unnecessary, tiring ritual.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha! Look at me, I'm so friendly...oh! There's an other biker...let's wave! HI!!!!! He's riding too, isn't that great?!

Stop and help a biker out on the side of the road. Meet and greet at rallies, the restaurant, bar, parking lot or wherever you're gathered. "Hey, how's it goin? Nice bike, man." You pull up next to a bike, nod your head. It's good, we're riding.

But for the dignity of bikers everywhere, stop the gay assed waving!

Where'd those anti grumpy pills go? I don't care. You're not getting wave from me. What are you, bikers or parade queens on a two wheeled float?

One of the most pointless...gosh, I cringe whenever another motorcyclist approaches..."Here we go again. Another fricken wave from another motorcyclist. Why? I have no friggen clue." *rider waves* "Yea, that's great, nice to see you too, friggin, fraggin, hand waving, putz. Stop waving!" You're encouraging everyone else!

No more to add at this time. Feel free to discuss. You know where I stand. LOL

Where's my meds...

I'm sending a truck load of happy pills to your house. By the way I couldn't agree more.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by Johnnyiroc
I wave, and I am an *******. So that isnt always true.
It's the same reason I some times honk my horn and wave to people walking, or in there yards doing something (while in the car).

Quick Reply: Another reason some don't wave