General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis Attendees (AND Wannabes)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sturgis Attendees (AND Wannabes)

Just a head's up:
It is already starting.
Watch your Craigslists, usually under Motorcycles, starting to see camping reservations, and motel reservations, for sale, DISCOUNTED HEAVILY !!!

Also, been getting emails from some of the campgrounds, they are dropping prices !!!

None up yet, but as this month rolls thru, there will be websites popping up, with motel rooms, pennies on the dollar.

Ppl made reservations, and now can't afford to go, lost job, etc.

We have been staying at Katmandu in the past, BUT Momma has Glencoe on the brain. Yea, I like the titty shows, t, but the traffic on that side of town, raises H*LL with scoot motors. They jus' dropped their rate last week.

I'd REALLY like to put a couple of Day Rides together for HDF members out there. We have a couple of members out there, and I believe with a bit of arm twisting, could be talked into a li'l pre-ride once over, to ensure decent roads. Are you up for it Joe (Traveler)? Or a M&G type thang at the races, wife swap , what have you. Any interest???? (This hinges on US GOING, of course!!!! NEVER a done deal, til I show up there. Been known to get side tracked on the way!!)

Last edited by Da Gumpmeister; 06-24-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Even when the ecomomy bounces back, we can only hope that prices will remain reasonable in the future.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Xuallus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in

Old 06-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Bobzilla
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
Just a head's up:
It is already starting.
Watch your Craigslists, usually under Motorcycles, starting to see camping reservations, and motel reservations, for sale, DISCOUNTED HEAVILY !!!

Also, been getting emails from some of the campgrounds, they are dropping prices !!!

None up yet, but as this month rolls thru, there will be websites popping up, with motel rooms, pennies on the dollar.

Ppl made reservations, and now can't afford to go, lost job, etc.

We have been staying at Katmandu in the past, BUT Momma has Glencoe on the brain. Yea, I like the titty shows, t, but the traffic on that side of town, raises H*LL with scoot motors. They jus' dropped their rate last week.

I'd REALLY like to put a couple of Day Rides together for HDF members out there. We have a couple of members out there, and I believe with a bit of arm twisting, could be talked into a li'l pre-ride once over, to ensure decent roads. Are you up for it Joe (Traveler)? Or a M&G type thang at the races, wife swap , what have you. Any interest???? (This hinges on US GOING, of course!!!! NEVER a done deal, til I show up there. Been known to get side tracked on the way!!)
be glad to help out on any pre rides was over there Monday sure is nice and green hope it stays that way through July

Old 06-24-2009, 12:56 PM
smckeithen
Novice

I won't be getting there until Thursday late (the 6th) but if there's a ride that's reasonable and takes in some of the sights, I'll go. This is our first time to Sturgis, so any ride will have "sights" we haven't seen!!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

My friend and our wifes will be there Sunday or Monday nite from Canada. How do we all hook up?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm in. Cool to hook up with fellow HDF members. We should get t-shirts, or patches.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:28 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,206 Likes on 1,833 Posts

I WISH I could go this year, but for a couple of reasons, I can't. I'm planning on making it next year, but that is a long way off.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:37 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

Easy way to Glencoe is avoid Junction and go north on Fulton or Davenport. Sometimes you need to cut back and forth between streets, but it's very rare to be at a dead stop. Once you get to Lazelle there's only a couple of stop signs before the road opens up before the VA. From Glencoe down to the chip can be brutal, especially when there's a good concert. The dirt roads in from the Nat'l. Cemetery (Exit 34) are in pretty good shape. They'll get a bike dusty, but I've been down them once or twice on a rigid and haven't broken anything. That cuts all the traffic out of the way and you come out past the tractor place at 131st or 132d.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:38 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer

Sturgis is a dream of mine. A little over 1700 miles each way on a night train with a LePera bare bones seat would be some ride.

Quick Reply: Sturgis Attendees (AND Wannabes)