General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lane encroachment

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 03:12 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

I expect people to to cut me off, speed up, slow down, or what ever. Most times it is a mistake. I just let it go. They do the same things when I drive my 6,100# F150. I drove fire engines over the course of 4.5 yrs and the same **** happened there too. Lights flashing and a siren that would make your ears bleed. Same thing. Most drivers do not look.....they glance. I'm in no way defending these ******** just trying to share some hard learned experiences of 50 yrs on two wheels. The fact is when you get into an accident with (fill in the blank) they will always say ''I didn't see him'' which will cost them a $100.00 ticket while you are hauled off to the nearest hospital?? morgue?? If they have insurance and financially make you whole again the pain you will suffer during the rest of your life just isn't worth it. (ask me how I know) If they have no insurance figure it out for yourself. More than likely they have nothing and never will and your poor *** still hurts till you're dead. Just a thought.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Juno
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Learn how to push your scooter to it's limit. Speed, turning, swerving, braking. Keep your R's up and expect everyone to pull into you.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:17 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gump, I had to remove that skull bead from both of mine. Not a fan of skulls.
Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
They even come in MY colors. And you can get them any length you desire.

Good ol' 'backy' juice is NOT destructive, and still gets the point acrossed.
What seems to really get their attention, is spitting a big one, next to your rear tar, whilst they are 2"s from your back tar at a stop sign/light, and THEN make eye contact with them. For some reason, they drop back REAL FAST when you pull away. (Course, it could be that they get a GOOD look at my ugly mug.)

I have done it once or twice, IF time allows. Jus' shadow them, til they stop. STAY a good distance away, but within ear shot. Take out a pen, and act like you are jotting down their license number. IF they say anything, jus' tell them you want their # for the report to the LEOs. NOT that the LEO will or can do anything 'bout it, BUT it does get ppl's attention, and hopefully they will "think' next time. (See Donna's post on the 'camera'.)

Old 06-23-2009, 04:28 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by laytonj1
I actually did that once. Damn near caused me to crash and then the jerk-off chased me for several miles at 100+ mph before he tired of it and backed off.

Jim
so,you kicked his car and then ran like a biatch?...

Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Brianc9876
Happens way too damn often. Exactly how do you wield a whip while riding? And do ppl toss the bearings at the car, road or windshield? Seriously I'm curious?
My guess is most of it is bs...:>)