General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drunk driver backed over my softail

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ToastedGoat
wow must have been a bad night for bikes. +1 on the order your parts from vtwin if you can. Do the work yourself , save $$$.

It must have been a bad night for bikes. We were at our favorite bar playing and there is about 20 bikes parked out front. Luckily mine was in the middle. This kid (very drunk) gets all pissed off because his girlfriend flashed the band, and tore off his shirt and started heading for the stage, saying he was gonna kick their a$$. One of our favorite girls in the bar shoved his skinny little a$$ out the door... He F'd up and hit her (not good). He got slapped around some by one of the guys . Then in a stupid rage he kicked over some of the bikes as he was heading for his truck.

Some of the guys took off after him.... well he ran his truck into a bridge, got arrested for DUI. Reckless endangerment ??? and willful destruction of property.

He was mad and thought when he kicked the end bike,.. it would be like dominoes effect and they would all fall over.. They didn't thank god . First bike fell into the second bike tearing a 400.00 seat. That bike fell over but wasn't close enough to hit the next bike.

oh and his girlfriend stayed at the bar partying there till close. She said he was an A$$hole.:icon_ shrug:
Well, HE got his point acrossed, anywho !!!!

Up here, you can get a DUI, in your driveway, putting a stereo in your vehicle, engine NOT running, but a beer on the hood.
You can also get one, drinking a beer, whilst mowing your yard. IT HAS HAPPENED, and the State Supreme Court, says it is constitutional.

I've seen this happen, or almost happen, several times, JUST at the gas station. Don't gots to be drunk to be TOOPID, just DON'T look where the H*LL you're going.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:54 AM
jefnightrain
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So his girl flashes the band & he's going to kick their ***? He must not only have been drunk, he must be stupid

Old 06-22-2009, 06:58 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,083 Likes on 22,574 Posts

Just goes to show that alcohol and gasoline do not mix too well.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:00 AM
TANK25
Road Captain

Sorry to hear that.I hope you get your bike fixed ASAP.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like HG said, put a positive spin on it: At least you weren't ON the bike when this happened!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:08 AM
cbrown3381
Advanced

Those stories both suck, but as far as motorcycle horror stories go, they are not so bad. You can always get new parts.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Chicago 03 King
Tourer

Originally Posted by nverenuf4me
So now with prime riding season upon us I have a busted *** bike due to some idiot. Going to the local stealer for a estimate on the repairs and hoping everthing works out inbetween out insurance companies in a timely manner.
About a month ago had a women stoped at a red light, then decide to make a left on red across my path of travel. My bike is crunch up too, and like you said, right in prime riding season and the dealer is saying I might not get it back till early August. But you can take my approach and be thankful no one was hurt. Metal and paint can be replaced.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:45 AM
2006FLST
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ToastedGoat
wow must have been a bad night for bikes. +1 on the order your parts from vtwin if you can. Do the work yourself , save $$$.

It must have been a bad night for bikes. We were at our favorite bar playing and there is about 20 bikes parked out front. Luckily mine was in the middle. This kid (very drunk) gets all pissed off because his girlfriend flashed the band, and tore off his shirt and started heading for the stage, saying he was gonna kick their a$$. One of our favorite girls in the bar shoved his skinny little a$$ out the door... He F'd up and hit her (not good). He got slapped around some by one of the guys . Then in a stupid rage he kicked over some of the bikes as he was heading for his truck.

Some of the guys took off after him.... well he ran his truck into a bridge, got arrested for DUI. Reckless endangerment ??? and willful destruction of property.

He was mad and thought when he kicked the end bike,.. it would be like dominoes effect and they would all fall over.. They didn't thank god . First bike fell into the second bike tearing a 400.00 seat. That bike fell over but wasn't close enough to hit the next bike.

oh and his girlfriend stayed at the bar partying there till close. She said he was an A$$hole.:icon_ shrug:
Wow sounds like something out of the old movie Every Which way but Loose!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:08 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Well for the OP---- for what it's worth, at LEAST you were not on your bike at the time. Drunks SUX!!!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:14 AM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jefnightrain
So his girl flashes the band & he's going to kick their ***? He must not only have been drunk, he must be stupid
Plus 1 !!! As I remember, anytime my girlfriend, who's now my wife was "in the mood" to flash someone.. that inevitably meant it was gonna be a good night for me..

And to the OP, real sorry to hear about your bike.. on the plus side, I think you handled yourself very well, kudos! I hope your back on the road in no time. Best of luck.

mavrick

Quick Reply: Drunk driver backed over my softail