General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Jacket Attack at 70 MPH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:59 PM
freddc1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yellow Jacket Attack at 70 MPH!!!

Yep, been thinking of one of those for myself now that Im allergic.
Wondering about mounting. Did you Crazy Glue it to the top of your helmet?

Old 05-24-2006, 05:41 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I was cruising down the freeway once on a vacation and a yellow jacket hit me in the lower part of my throat. Talk about a wakeup call. When I stopped and looked in the mirrow, the stinger was still in it. Sure was a sight when it started swelling up. What's also fun is when you have a beard and a bee gets caught in it. Having bees in your whiskers can be interesting.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:48 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be glad he did fly up your pants.

Old 05-24-2006, 06:12 PM
cajunrph
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: rowdy

I had a similar experience. I was riding at night down the interstate just minding my own business.
Then a bat flies up my pants leg and starts bitting my nads? I was kicking and screaming and going
beserk but managed to pull over and I starting stripping from the waste down. A cop was behind me
and pulled over with his lights on. So here I am screaming like a banshee stripping off my underwear
and this cop pulls his gun and tells me to put my hands up. This caused a traffic jam on I-65 for at
least fifty miles. So my nads are on fire and I get cuffed and thrown into a police car. After they finally
could see that I was telling the truth, it only got worse. Then I had to get rabies shots in my nads.
Now all of my friends call me Batman.
Dude, That is too funny. I know to you it wasn't, but please accept my apologies for laughing my as$ off. I have been lucky enough not to have to contend with bugs. I hit a few birds along the way, bounced off my helmet but no harm. I always wear a full face helmet and have been hit in the face sheild many times with bugs/rocks etc.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Cognizant
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rowdy

I had a similar experience. I was riding at night down the interstate just minding my own business.
Then a bat flies up my pants leg and starts bitting my nads? I was kicking and screaming and going
beserk but managed to pull over and I starting stripping from the waste down. A cop was behind me
and pulled over with his lights on. So here I am screaming like a banshee stripping off my underwear
and this cop pulls his gun and tells me to put my hands up. This caused a traffic jam on I-65 for at
least fifty miles. So my nads are on fire and I get cuffed and thrown into a police car. After they finally
could see that I was telling the truth, it only got worse. Then I had to get rabies shots in my nads.
Now all of my friends call me Batman.
That's a funny story, but suspect: you didn't get rabies shots in your nads, they have to be given intra muscular (deep muscle) like the abdomen.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Protrucker
Tourer

Maybee [sm=confused06.gif] you should change your screen name to "Buzz zilla"[sm=smiley2.gif][sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 05-26-2006, 05:33 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 138 Posts

Was riding out Griffin Rd on the way out to Holiday park, back in the Dyna days, and I had Apes. All of a sudden, I feel a sharp pain in my arm, and it comes off of the bars. Well, I am riding, and now, I've totally rolled off the throttle, and am trying to make the side of the road with one hand, that is puilling in the clutch. I could've downshifted, I guess, but I was kind of busy. o off to the side of the road I go, and we're riding 2 abreast, and my Bro is like, WTF? SO I pull over, and he pulls over, and I manage to stop without dropping the bike, and my arm is like, just hanging there. I can't move it. He laughs at me, and reaches over, and pulls out the stinger. Allo of a sudden, I can feel my arm again. Must've hit a nerve. So I make sure to tell him that now I think he's Jesus, cause he like, healed me, and now I got to buy him a beer. It was pretty weird.

Almost as bad. Card Sound Road. On the Dyna. I saw him. About a second before he impacted my nose. He was like, looming in the headlights. Hit me dead in the center of the nose. Both eyes teared up. Thought I was going to drop. Wasn't a sting, just a big *** June Bug. Man, did that hurt. Thank God for Road Kings and windshields.