General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Jacket Attack at 70 MPH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 12:33 PM
SDMF
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yellow Jacket Attack at 70 MPH!!!

I recently had the experience of riding through a swarm of bees on the 101 south in Scottsdale, AZ. It lasted for approx. 500 ft. and when all was said and done, I had to pick at least a couple of dozen off my body and clean at least 50 or more off my bike. Somehow, I managed to come through it without getting stung. What are the chances???

Old 05-19-2006, 01:33 PM
freddc1
Cruiser
Default Consider buying an epi pen

I been getting stings all my life and then suddernly had a reaction and wound up in h ospital. first they thought it must have been the number or stings, stepped on a yellow jacket nest, b ut next year got one stung up on the roof. Reaction wasnt as bad but bad enough.
Doctor says immune systems change over years, blah blah blah.
Bottomline, I now carry one of the epi pens, jsut in case!!

Old 05-19-2006, 01:37 PM
reefteach
Tourer

POST OF THE MONTH:
ORIGINAL: rowdy

I had a similar experience. I was riding at night down the interstate just minding my own business.
Then a bat flies up my pants leg and starts bitting my nads? I was kicking and screaming and going
beserk but managed to pull over and I starting stripping from the waste down. A cop was behind me
and pulled over with his lights on. So here I am screaming like a banshee stripping off my underwear
and this cop pulls his gun and tells me to put my hands up. This caused a traffic jam on I-65 for at
least fifty miles. So my nads are on fire and I get cuffed and thrown into a police car. After they finally
could see that I was telling the truth, it only got worse. Then I had to get rabies shots in my nads.
Now all of my friends call me Batman.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 05-19-2006, 02:01 PM
TeamXtreme
Cruiser

A friend of my dad's was riding along minding his own business, when the jerk in front of him tossed his lit cigarette out of his car window. It went right down the front of his shirt. You really don't want to smash out a lit cigarette into your chest while you are driving 70 down the highway, but what else do you do?

Old 05-19-2006, 02:14 PM
XL Junkie
Advanced

This post is my nightmare... I'm deathly alergic to yellow jackets. If I'm stung my throat closes up and in 20 minutes it's lights out. I'm usually pretty lazy about carrying an epi-pen and benadryl, but I think this just changed my mind.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:29 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rowdy

I had a similar experience. I was riding at night down the interstate just minding my own business.
Then a bat flies up my pants leg and starts bitting my nads? I was kicking and screaming and going
beserk but managed to pull over and I starting stripping from the waste down. A cop was behind me
and pulled over with his lights on. So here I am screaming like a banshee stripping off my underwear
and this cop pulls his gun and tells me to put my hands up. This caused a traffic jam on I-65 for at
least fifty miles. So my nads are on fire and I get cuffed and thrown into a police car. After they finally
could see that I was telling the truth, it only got worse. Then I had to get rabies shots in my nads.
Now all of my friends call me Batman.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Good thing for you they weren't filming a "Cops" episode.

Old 05-19-2006, 06:22 PM
BluegrassBuck
Advanced

I've been stung or biten by bees a couple of times. I've had a hot cigarette hit me in the neck and fall into my shirt. I also had cold ash get in my eye and cause my eye to water so bad I had trouble seeing the road. I also hate it when some cage in front of you decides to use the windshield washer and 50% goes over the roof of the car!

Old 05-19-2006, 06:39 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Similar thing happened to me, on several occasions, as it would appear from the posts that we all experience from time to time.... With my feet comfortably resting on the highway pegs, one zooms up my pant leg and doesn't like the restriction -- oh, about my thigh... ZAP! Not once, but a couple times. One good smack and he was in wasp heaven -- but the thigh was really sore... Yeah, I would say that it probably looked a little funny to the unsuspecting rest of the world....

Old 05-20-2006, 01:56 AM
SMenasco
Road Master

Well, I've decided that my deer whistles work on wasps and bees, too. Haven't had an attack since I put them on. Come to think of it, I haven't had any problems with mountain lines or buffalo, either.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/1C3131B6212243578145EF120CD05A59.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-20-2006, 02:54 AM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Now that's a bad ***! Too bad he lost it.

Sorry had to say it. Glad you got it stopped.

Quick Reply: Yellow Jacket Attack at 70 MPH!!!