General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Jacket Attack at 70 MPH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Loch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yellow Jacket Attack at 70 MPH!!!

Don’t forget about buzzards!
ORIGINAL: Seth

I think it's happed to most of us at one time or another, bees/ wasps/ birds.........

Old 05-18-2006, 08:16 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate bugs. Bugs have it in for bikers. Let's send our requests up to the big guy = no bugs when we're riding.

Any case, glad you're okay.

As said, can't ride a lot without this happening. I had one fly up my shorts last summer. Yes, I know I should not be riding with shorts, but was just to the corner and back.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:56 PM
buttman
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That'll teach ya!!!!!

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

I hate bugs. Bugs have it in for bikers. Let's send our requests up to the big guy = no bugs when we're riding.

Any case, glad you're okay.

As said, can't ride a lot without this happening. I had one fly up my shorts last summer. Yes, I know I should not be riding with shorts, but was just to the corner and back.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8977/CEC8639AD1C74FD6BAC93CF2DC18C12C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-18-2006, 09:42 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Bee stings,[:@] one of the perils of bike riding.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 PM
rowdy
Cruiser

I had a similar experience. I was riding at night down the interstate just minding my own business.
Then a bat flies up my pants leg and starts bitting my nads? I was kicking and screaming and going
beserk but managed to pull over and I starting stripping from the waste down. A cop was behind me
and pulled over with his lights on. So here I am screaming like a banshee stripping off my underwear
and this cop pulls his gun and tells me to put my hands up. This caused a traffic jam on I-65 for at
least fifty miles. So my nads are on fire and I get cuffed and thrown into a police car. After they finally
could see that I was telling the truth, it only got worse. Then I had to get rabies shots in my nads.
Now all of my friends call me Batman.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Back in the seventies I had an ol' panhead with a one inch rake and fourteen over tubes. It was an ill handling beast at any kind of low speed,took two strong arms to keep the front end from flopping,plus it was a foot clutch with a jockey shift hanging off the transmission.

I was almost home one evening when a bee lodged itself in my helmet. Every time I'd let go of the handle bar the front end would flop and I'd have to give up my bee killin' to keep the bike up.This went on for half a block before I finally got the chin strap loose and just flung the helmet on the ground.Worse thing was my ol' drunk *** neighbor was out in his driveway and saw the tail end of this fiasco.He was laughing so hard I didn't have the heart to kill him like I wanted to.He called me bumblebee from then on.Guess it must have been pretty funny to watch,just wish he'd been on the receiving end of that stinging little bastard.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 05-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Pat
Road Master

bees/ wasps/ birds.........
and buzzards too it seems.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:26 AM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I saw it coming right at me, and that bee's stinger went right in my neck doing 65 on the freeway. I was wearing an old beat up 3/4 helmet. I grabbed the bee, and flung it off while trying to keep it steady. Lucky I guess; I stopped and pulled out the stinger. I must have grabbed him before the stuff went in.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:05 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consider yourself learned, it happens to all en us

Old 05-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Cognizant
Tourer

You got it bass ackwards, it was a motorcycle attack. That poor little feller was flying along minding his own business when you come screeming down the road and sucked him up your sleeve, so he did what any good bee would do in that situation. LOL good thing your not allergic.

Quick Reply: Yellow Jacket Attack at 70 MPH!!!