General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only comfortable in a full-face?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 02:26 PM
billiamharley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ko4qc
WHAT???...thats the most enjoyable part of riding for me!!..cant get that with your head stuck in a box...:>)..also,If I worried about crashing that much,I would stay home.....'different strokes'...:>)
Maybe for you, but I think there's more to motorcycling than wind in the face; under the right weather conditions I can see a breeze in the face can be pleasurable. I have ridden for over 26 years. I like the possibility that I can continue ride and enjoy life with brain and limbs all intact should things go wrong. Yes, different strokes. I do support others freedom to choose their own level of gear.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Davepa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone seen/tried this modular

Not to steal the thread but, I would like to see the Shark-evoline helmet. Any dealers in Pa or Western Md area stocking this helmet?

http://www.shark-evoline.com/

Old 06-21-2009, 02:57 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Davepa
Not to steal the thread but, I would like to see the Shark-evoline helmet. Any dealers in Pa or Western Md area stocking this helmet?

http://www.shark-evoline.com/
I have a Shoei syncrotec and its 5 years old. Ive been looking at the multitec, but tried the shark one as you can have a ff or 3/4, to be honest I didnt like it it was too plasticy on the chin bar and it didnt feel that secure to me, and also the visor when in the retracted position was right in my eyeline where I would have to look up to look out.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:01 PM
G Rod
Tourer

When I wear a FF helmet its a Bell.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:56 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ko4qc
WHAT???...thats the most enjoyable part of riding for me!!..cant get that with your head stuck in a box...:>)..also,If I worried about crashing that much,I would stay home.....'different strokes'...:>)
Same here.

I like having the wind in my face and feeling the elements...

Each to their own, but if I want to be protected from the wind and elements I'll hop in my car or truck....

Old 06-21-2009, 04:47 PM
olbill
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a Shark Evo. i like the 3 different ways to wear it and it is very quiet at speed it is the only helmet that i own the fits me perfectly. the only thing i find neg. is that it is very breezy at the chin totally closed up but that work's for me in the summer.
So i will use my Shoei multi tech in the winter it is a very good foul weather lid.I like the protection of a full face lid a good friend of mine just went down and the chin bar saved him a lot of plastic surgery

Old 06-21-2009, 05:49 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

First off you cant put the word "Helmet" into a post and then say "This isn't a helmet debate thread" cuz its gonna be anyway!! "Full Face" to me means just what you see in the pic below.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:32 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by billiamharley
Maybe for you, but I think there's more to motorcycling than wind in the face; I like the possibility that I can continue ride and enjoy life with brain and limbs all intact should things go wrong. Yes, different strokes.
What does one have to do with the other ? 3/4 helmets or open modulars give you the wind in your face with the brain protection (helmets don't protect limbs). Heck, even 1/2 helmets protect your brain. I'm all for freedom to choose, but you must be the first motorcycle guy I've seen that doesn't like wind in his face.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:46 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I have always worn a FF helmet. I like riding without a helmet, but, anything over about 30 mph, my eyes water like crazy. I've been going lidless when riding locally lately, but discovered it's not such a good idea around here at night. Huge swarms of bugs by the river (looked like it was snowing), and some bugs that might be former Navy F-14's. One hit my cheek and I swore it tore a hole through my face.

As for some other type helmet feeling weird - it's just a matter of getting used to it. Something different feels weird compared to what you're used to, no matter what it is.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is why you wear glasses, to keep the bugs out yor eyes.

If you don't like wind in your face, why ride?????

Riding 26+ years and not liking the wind is not riding at all. Your torturing yourself.

Quick Reply: Only comfortable in a full-face?