General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Independence Harley - tire deal

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:10 PM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Independence Harley - tire deal

just wanted to give a big shout out for the guys at Independence Harley in College Station TX. They advertise in Ride Texas that they'll replace your rear tire for $150 (plus the cost of a tube, wheel weights and rim strip if you have a laced wheel). I was truly skeptical, but since every other quote was $250 at the minimum, I figured I had little to lose by traveling from my home north of Austin to give them some business. Well, I'm happy to say that I got out for only $218, and that included my Texas state inspection. Had I not had laced wheels, I would have gotten out for about $170 ($150 plus the cost of the state inspection plus the tire disposal fee). If you're in the are of College Station and you need a tire, give these guys a shot. I know I'm glad I did!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a good price. I just got a quote from a local independent for $403 for a front and rear Dunlop 402.
Originally Posted by doublenaughtspy
just wanted to give a big shout out for the guys at Independence Harley in College Station TX. They advertise in Ride Texas that they'll replace your rear tire for $150 (plus the cost of a tube, wheel weights and rim strip if you have a laced wheel). I was truly skeptical, but since every other quote was $250 at the minimum, I figured I had little to lose by traveling from my home north of Austin to give them some business. Well, I'm happy to say that I got out for only $218, and that included my Texas state inspection. Had I not had laced wheels, I would have gotten out for about $170 ($150 plus the cost of the state inspection plus the tire disposal fee). If you're in the are of College Station and you need a tire, give these guys a shot. I know I'm glad I did!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:03 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea - they'll do both on a Dyna for something like $215 plus tube, wheel weights and rim strip. I did the math, and for me to do it myself, it would cost basically the same $$$ as they charged. They're making a little $$$, but not much. If I were a local, they'd have all my business! (It's about a 100mi ride each way, but it gave me an excuse to take a day off from work and go riding...