General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting new bike-need to find a good dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:28 AM
keimigca
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting new bike-need to find a good dealer

Well heres the story. I got my first bike last year, a 883 sportster custom from my father in law, and Ive decided to upgrade to a new and different model. A 09 Fatbob. I have been drooling over it for a while and finally got the ok from the wife to go ahead and get one. My dilemma is that now I need to find a dealer that will shoot me the best deal. I live in SE Wisconsin in the Kenosha area, and have been talking with Dan at Uke's. I like the guy so far, but they dont seem like they want to deal at all. The only thing that they are doing is a NADA retail on trade in sale, so that will give me a good value on the sportster, but nothing else. Does anyone know of another good dealer in the area, either in Wisconsin or a little south in Illinois, thats willing to barter a bit. Doesnt matter.

Chris

Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Ionvex
Cruiser

Try a different dealer to get the price. Make sure you get a out the door price, so you are comparing apples.

Milwaukee, Oconomowoc, Janesville, Madison aren't that far away.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Chicago Bob
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say that although the initial deal is important, you sometimes need to look beyond the price you're offered.

I think most dealers offer discounts on parts, accessories, clothing, etc. for their customers. If you think you may be buying these things, the closest dealer may be the best (assuming he makes a fair offer) versus driving way out of your way to buy a bike.

Just my opinion.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:48 AM
keimigca
Novice

I do know that if I buy a bike from Uke's they will offer me 20% off of parts and accessories for quite a while. I do plan on putting a black exhaust system and some of the small little personifacation upgrades on it(derby covers and such) so the discount will def. help. When I talked to the sales guy on wed. he said to look at the NADA site for what my sportys worth and skip the fair and clean value and go straight to the retail value. Thats what they are trading in for. Now when I go to the site it only lists low retail, avg. retail and msrp value. Any idea which he is talking about?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:19 PM
bdude
Banned

Head down to Hal's H-D in New Berlin, WI.... Bet they give you a good
Deal. Can not promise but give them a look see!