General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender Rubbing - Repaired

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006 | 01:42 AM
Edmo
|
Road Master
Default Fender Rubbing - Repaired

After 4 months of arguing with HD, they finally fixed my 2005 Heritage under warranty...

My front fender had rubbed the chrome fork cover and ended up leaving a mark on both the chrome cover and the fender paint. When I noticed it the bike was 6 months.

HD said these parts shouldn't be touching and accused me of strapping it down incorrectly to a trailer, bumping it, dropping it, improperly washing it, wrecking it, having it dinged in a parking lot, and every other "you did something bad to it" scenario they could think of. I went through the warranty claims section at HD headquarters and was told to pound sand... Requested a re-look of the case and was told to pound sand... Had the regional HD guy drive out to look at it and was told to pound sand... Had the Better Business Bureau mediate, and was told to pound sand... Then after I said I was contacting the State Attorney General's office, they decided to fix it "in the interest of customer satisfaction".

They had the local dealer replace the chrome cover and buff out the blemish on the fender. The dealer did a great job and it is now good as new. I applaud them for finally fixing the problem, but why treat the customer like this for 4 months? Do they think my experience will keep my loyalty to HD when I buy my wife a bike this summer? The dealer did ask me why I haven't been by lately buying the usual chrome piece and t-shirt. I just looked at him with the "do you have to ask" expression.

Again, thank you HD for fixing my bike under warranty. It takes a big company to admit you were wrong and fix the problem. We'll see if I pick a HD or opt for a metric for my next bike.

Edmo

Old 05-18-2006 | 02:38 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Fender Rubbing - Repaired

Glad you didn't get worn out and stuck to your guns....my bike goes back for the new fuel injector TSB on Monday. My dealer is great and all I had to do was call the service dept. lady who put me in touch with their warranty person. She asked if I could wait until my 1000 service and I said sure. Called her 2 weeks ago for the appointment and she checked my file and said she had my parts waiting and that they had done several retrofits and they would take care of it and HD was paying for it.

Am I dreaming?........