Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The next trend in motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 02:50 PM
kered
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
What makes you think they'll change at all? They've lasted over 100 years doing what they do, without changing all that much. About the only thing they've changed since the 80's is make the motors bigger. Other than that, their "change" has been miniscule compared to other companies.

What does that tell me? It tells me that eventually, riders settle down and want what H-D has to offer, without changing all that much.
i dont mean a complete overhaul change i just mean more options and different designs...its already started...the V-rod and the Rocker are both products of the change...of coarse they will still offer most of the classic models that got them where they are today...but i think there will be new exciting models coming

Old 06-18-2009, 02:55 PM
20NightTrain03
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm not in fianancial trouble, so i really dont care what the "trend" is

i'm going to continue to enjoy the lifestyle i worked hard to acheive (and working just as hard to maintain)

trends are for people who can not think for themselves.........financial iresponsibilty is also for those who can not think for themselves..........noticing a trend here?

Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

The next trend....

The anti-chopper

Attached Thumbnails The next trend in motorcycles-unibike.jpg  
Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kered
i dont mean a complete overhaul change i just mean more options and different designs...its already started...the V-rod and the Rocker are both products of the change...of coarse they will still offer most of the classic models that got them where they are today...but i think there will be new exciting models coming

IMO, the Vrod is barely alive. I'm actually surprised it's survived this long since it's still a long way from what sport bike riders want, and it's dismal sales.

The Rocker is a late entry into the market trying to capture some of the OCC craze where people were buying custom choppers. It's already taking a hit since the base Rocker will not be offered in 2010. Only time will tell if it continues for very long.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:19 PM
bobernet
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is everyone with a paid-for newer Harley a rich guy? The most expensive Harley on a showroom floor is still the same or less money than an average American or decent import car.

That is, unless you view your motorcycle as a "toy" instead of transportation/substitute for a car.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by damfino
Post doesn't warrant a response but i do need to increase my post count.
Me 2
Just another troll looking for get in.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:34 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The trend that never goes away is the classic or nostalgic look.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the OP may be onto something. The inline four, Universal Japanese Motorcycle of the 70s and 80s, before the era of bike specialization, fit his concept. Lots of fun around town, put on a set of Vetter bags and fairing and you're good to go anywhere. Dollar for dollar they were a great value, even if they were plain vanilla aesthetically.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:49 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

"Expensive" is realative. What is expensive to me may be nothing to someone else. So buy what you like or can afford or, now days, what you can't afford. It's all okay. A 1913 Harley cost more than a new Chevrolet, and people were probably saying the same thing then, "it can't last". ....but.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

For a lot of us it has always been that way.The Bling does not make the bike faster or better able to traverse corners.If you spend a lot of time keeping the pretty paint and a lot of chrome shining that's all you will be doing.

Quick Reply: The next trend in motorcycles