General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face helmets

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:24 PM
rilabbe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Full face helmets

Just wondering how many ride with a full face helmet? I have to find a way to reduce wind noise as its driving me nuts! thanks

Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 PM
2007z71
Tourer

I have but its too hot even with good air circulation. I finally got a windshield and it makes all the difference in the world. Actually just got it on tonight but I barrowed one from a friend and liked it.

The safe thing to do is just suck it up and wear the full face.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:41 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Tomorrow is the first time I'm going to ride with my full face. I have a windshield also, but I took it off and trying to go without it this season because I don't like it on my bike. I got my helmet on ebay for $150 and it's a scorpion EXO-400. I know a couple of people have this helmet and they love it. I'll let you know how it is tomorrow, but all of the reviews I read were awesome. They seem to rank this one better then the two models above it on some helmet review web site. Well here's who I bought it from. It showed up super fast and is in great as described, brand spankin new condition. I got the Matte black color.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Iron-Pon...&submit=Search

Old 06-17-2009, 11:47 PM
rilabbe
Novice

Thanks I also have a windshield on my 07 streetbob, we're in northtern Alberta and dont get to much hot weather, I also thing the windshild is causing buffeting and have adjusted it in all the places I could. We plan on riding to sturgis in july and would like to make the trip as comfertable as possible. 2200 miles is a long ways to fight wind and shaky glasses.

Last edited by rilabbe; 06-17-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 PM
MNROD
Road Captain

If you do a search there was just a FF helmet thread a couple weeks ago with TONS of responses. I wear a FF helmet...but good luck with a FF and a windshield, that'll drive you nuts.

Seriously, search the Forum for the thread that was just up....you'll read alot of differing opinions on them.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:56 PM
chrisg
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wear a scorpion full face helmet also. I live in phoenix so it's all kinds of hot here. In the mid 90's and below it doesn't bother me one bit. It gets really good air flow through the vents and is fairly light. Also no problems with peripheral vision with it. I've thought about going to a half helmet but everytime I start to get serious about it something on the road will bounce up and smack the face shield. I quickly think of other things to spend my money on.

Chris

Old 06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I ride with one, when the weather is cooler. But if it's nice out, I'm a mushroom head in those places that require me to be. My buffeting is tolerable after the stuff I've done:

Adjust windshield forward in the mounts.
Larger headlight.
Install modified bagger fork air baffle.

I also use a toggle on my glasses... helps a bunch.

... I'm about half deaf anyway... wind noise... what wind noise?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Turn2HD
Intermediate

I got one for cooler weather but I don't wear it unless I have to,,,, Every time I do my nose starts itching,,,,,,,Aaaarghhhh.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:01 AM
rilabbe
Novice

I also have a 2inch tank lift which may cause extra wind not sure though as i read on the forum that it might help with the wind thats why i put one on

Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rilabbe
Thanks I also have a windshield on my 07 streetbob, we're in northtern Alberta and dont get to much hot weather, I also thing the windshild is causing buffeting and have adjusted it in all the places I could. We plan on riding to sturgis in july and would like to make the trip as comfertable as possible. 2200 miles is a long ways to fight wind and shaky glasses.
I tried my best to use a windshield but the buffeting drove me nuts. I went to a full face Bell helmet and I love it. I now have a practically(used 3 times)new HD QD windshield for sale.

Quick Reply: Full face helmets