General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face helmets

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:34 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 380 Likes on 147 Posts

I wear a FF and use a windshield. I take the visor off the helmet and just wear sunglasses. No buffeting at all.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scott63
A FF helmet will not cure wind noise it may even make it worse I wear a FF and the drumming is as bad as the wind noise. Get a good fitting set of ear plugs.
This depends on your FF brand. I've worn kbc when i had my r6 and practically no wind noise same when i wore my dads old bell. when i bought my bike i borrowed a buddies full face and that thing was loud as heck because the padding ended with flap on the bottom on the underside the acted like a wind scoop. I got a scorpion now based on some reviews on this forum and the internet. i just got it and will ride with it for the first time today and i'll report back about, but i made sure the design of the padding didn't suck on the bottom on both sides. Hopefully that makes sense without pics if not let me know so i find pics after work to put up.

Here's the reviews i read

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...le-helmets.htm

Old 06-18-2009, 10:24 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a Windvest raked back slightly and a Scorpion EXO 400 helmet. I'm 100% satisfied.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 AM
bklanecky
Cruiser

You really need to go to a bike shop and try on a bunch, find which one you like the best. I have an Arai Vector, and absolutely love it. I wear it probably 75% of the time I ride. If you poke around on the Internet you can find it really cheap (mine was $350 shipped)

Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 AM
fixxr
Road Captain

I tryed the ear plugs ,but then I can't hear people talk,SO I tryed something corny on long trips on interstate I use small ear muffs that rapparound the back of my big head the block the wind noise I get to wear my skid lid ,and I can still hear!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 341 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by fixxr
I tryed the ear plugs ,but then I can't hear people talk,SO I tryed something corny on long trips on interstate I use small ear muffs that rapparound the back of my big head the block the wind noise I get to wear my skid lid ,and I can still hear!
To me, that would be a bonus...

Old 06-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Been wearing FF since whenever Bell introduced it's "Star" helmet way back in '69 or '70 something. Currently wear Scorpion EXO 700. Earplugs on long hi-speed rides. If it is hot out, gee, it is hot; I sweat.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

FF shoei RF1000, I love it but its hot even with the vents open.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:14 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Full Face HJC SYS MAX Modular, not noisy, very little buffeting. Wish it were white instead of black in the summertime. If you wear full face IMO modular is the way to go. You can flip it up to drink, get gas, etc.. without taking it off.

I have been trying to find a Snell rated white modular. No luck so far.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

For reducing wind noise, I wear ear plugs whether I am wearing a full-face, beanie or no helmet - ALWAYS. Sometimes I'll listen to my mp3 player instead of the ear plugs, but I always have one or the other in. I have tinnitus so the ringing never stops, but earplugs help. It's amazing how much of a difference they make.

Quick Reply: Full face helmets