General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CC vs Corbin solo seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
HappyScrappy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CC vs Corbin solo seat

I'm looking for a new seat for my 2009 Road King and I've narrowed it down to either a C&C solo or a Corbin classic solo.

Chuck has said that the C&C solo will move me down and back a little bit (which is what I want) and the Corbin rep said that the seat will place me the same as the stock one would on the bike.

Can anyone confirm that for the Corbin on a 2009 FLHR? From what I've read here it seems like most people have said that their Corbin solo moves them down and back. I'm 6'2, so I'm not looking at the close model.

Just checking for opinions on those who have tried both.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't speak for the solo seat, but I have the C&C two up, not sure what it is called. Can not beat it for dollar value.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:04 PM
6speed
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Corbin close is for short-legged guys,I know cause I'm 4'18'' and I got the close model.I think it's great but if you're long-legged I can't see how it would work for you.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:39 PM
HappyScrappy
Novice

Originally Posted by 6speed
The Corbin close is for short-legged guys,I know cause I'm 4'18'' and I got the close model.I think it's great but if you're long-legged I can't see how it would work for you.
I'm not looking at the close model, I just wanted to point out the difference between what Corbin told me and what everyone posts here.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

i have the corbin solo on my electraglide and it`s great i`m 6`1 and moves me down and back,

Old 06-18-2009, 08:30 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

I have a C&C fastback - it definitely places you down and back. Very comfortable, excellent quality and I've never heard of any customer service problems like you hear with Corbin....

Old 06-18-2009, 09:15 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to PR3V53, the corbin classic solo moved him down and back on the road glide so this comparing the stock Road Glide seat to a Corbin Classic Solo.

Not sure how a stock Road Kind seat compares to a stock Road Glide seat though....

Old 06-18-2009, 09:43 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got a Dyna, so I don't know if my experience would be the the same on a Road King.

I've run both seats. The C&C is a fine seat but on mine the front of the seat was wider than the Corbin and I didn't like the pressure on my inner thighs. I paid extra for some stitching on the seat and it looked like it was stiched by a blind,drunk man,way off center. The customer service was great,paid return shipping,fixed the problem and shipped it back in a hurry.

I've run my Corbin seat for over thirty thousand miles and love it. Felt very firm at first but either it broke in or I got used to it. The seat is worn on the side where my billfold rests but that is probably normal with that much seat time. I've never seen a Corbin that didn't move you down and back so I wonder about what the Corbin rep told you about the seat you are considering. Suggest you cover the seat if you ever have to leave the bike out in the rain. Once that leather gets wet it takes a coupla days for it to dry out.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 PM
HappyScrappy
Novice

Thanks for all the feedback guys, but it looks like my decision has been made for me. The Corbin classic solo for 2009 is only available in the stitch pattern they have pictured on the website, and I am not a fan of it.

My one concern is the pillion for the C&C solo - how sturdy is it? Chuck said it's fine for a passenger, as it has a hole for a bolt and the 6 suction cups. I'm just looking for some real world experience on it from you guys.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 AM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice thing about C&C is that they can customize one of their seats to your preference. I bought the solo seat for my '08 Street Bob, but needed it to be a little lower and a little narrower in the front which is what C&C suggested, and then did for me. My hubby said he'd consider ordering one for his E-Glide if he continues to have problems with his Mustang Seat which he has due to it putting him in a different (too close) riding position.

Quick Reply: CC vs Corbin solo seat