Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panoptx Transitional Eyewear

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:35 PM
naalves
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panoptx Transitional Eyewear

Hi There everyone,

I'm on the search for some feedback on the Panoptx eyewear. I lost my mind and decided to spend the big cash on a pair of panoptx riding glasses. I wore them out on a couple of rides and Im not too impressed. I got the transitional lenses and expected to them to go rather dark when facing the sun and clear as glass at night....but they didnt. On a ride out at dusk I had the sunset making me squint and struggled to see threw the smoky lenses on the night drive back. I wanted to see what other users were experiencing and whether youre happy with your panoptx transitional lenses (especially for the price).

Happy Riding.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Panoptx Transitional Eyewear

i carry an extra pair of clear glasses with me...IMO, panoptix is a waste of money

Old 05-17-2006, 06:51 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wear transition lenses in a pair of Rec Spec frames. I love um, they look good and I have never had trouble seeing in any light.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

I wear nothing but Panoptx when riding. Colder day's, the foam inserts stay in. Warmer days the foam inserts come out. The glases are versital as they are a functional goggle and a nice pair of sunglasses. I ride both day and night without problem. Transitions lenses will not turn as dark as a good pair of sunglasses, yet they are dark enough to improve vision in bright sunlight and have a substantial UV filter. You can pay the premium and order them with prescription lenses making them the only pair of glasses you need. I purchased without prescription to take the glasses for a test drive. My next pair will be transitions prescription lenses.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:45 PM
jv225
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them and am happy with them. They could stand to be a little darker when riding right at the sun. But they are great at night. I've had them for 8-9 months with no problems.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,823 Likes on 802 Posts

I had a pair of Panoptx with the transitional lenses... they wore out quickly, and I just wasn't impressed. I use Wiley-X SG-1s now. Having to switch out lenses isn't as convenient as the transitional ones, but they are just so much better than the Panoptx pair I had.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-17-2006, 08:25 PM
naalves
2nd Gear

When you say they wore out quickly, do you mean the lens or just the overall eyewear? I'm checking out the Wiley X glasses right now and they seem to carry some more options that I may consider...Thanks!

Old 05-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Billyboy
Intermediate

My wife and I both have Panoptx glasses, she has the Sirocco (transitional) and I have the Cyclone (with prescriptions, also transitional), and we both love them. They aren't quite as dark in the bright sun as I'd like, but all in all, they're not bad.

Bill

Old 05-18-2006, 02:01 AM
2smoooth
Road Captain

My prescription pair (with transitional) is going on their 2nd riding season.. zero complaints. Perhaps it is dependant on the optical shop you purchase from (for those of you with prescription version that is)

Old 05-18-2006, 10:09 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like Panoptx sungalsses but I haerd the same thing about their transitional lenses. Not light enough or dark enough. I gve up and wear contacts so I can wear any sunglasses I want.

Quick Reply: Panoptx Transitional Eyewear