General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-ROD Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009 | 02:26 PM
fphilli1
|
6th Gear
Default V-ROD Bagger

I have seen a couple of pictures of guys that have made their v-rods into baggers. I am seriously thinking of doing this as my next bike. Has anyone done this and where would you get the bags and fairing? It seems to me you would get the best of both worlds. I have also seen a few V-rod Trikes and think they are also very cool. I have always been old school, cause I am that old, but the V-Rod horspower and base price new or used is very attractive to an old retired dude.....what does the group think????????

Old 06-16-2009 | 05:02 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

Check out Duke's Harley-Davidson in Ontario. Some dude made a few "signature series" V-Rod baggers. Look pretty cool. they almost have a front fairing like the old Corbin Wabird body kits.

http://www.dukeshd.com/indexx.php

It's under the "bikes" heading, and then "Specialty" pulldown.

Cannon

Old 06-16-2009 | 06:13 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior

Saw this vrod trike at the ROT rally in Austin last weekend. Thought it was picture worthy.

Attached Thumbnails V-ROD Bagger-img_3485-medium-.jpg   V-ROD Bagger-img_3486-medium-.jpg  
Old 06-16-2009 | 07:13 PM
05Fatty
Road Master

Most of the parts come from Cycle Visions. Some of the parts are factory HD parts.

Old 06-16-2009 | 08:07 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jonny Cannon
Check out Duke's Harley-Davidson in Ontario. Some dude made a few "signature series" V-Rod baggers. Look pretty cool. they almost have a front fairing like the old Corbin Wabird body kits.

http://www.dukeshd.com/indexx.php

It's under the "bikes" heading, and then "Specialty" pulldown.

Cannon
Hey, I kind of like the looks of that V-Rod bagger, especially the rear end and the nice tight bags. That's something I could really consider. Thanks for the link Cannon...

Old 06-16-2009 | 09:07 PM
Gizmo83
Road Master

If you are really wanting to put some miles on the bike, I would advise against it. I currently own a V-Rod and while the motor and transmission are awesome, it's just not really a bike cut out for logging the miles. It's cramped, it runs 5k RPM at 75mph, and it doesn't make any power below 4K rpm. There's also not honest room for two people on one for very long.

My next bike will be a touring rig.

Old 06-16-2009 | 09:49 PM
BlackRob
Tourer

Rumors are going around that Harley will introduce a touring bagger based on the V-Rod Muscle for 2010. New models should be released around the middle of July.

Old 06-16-2009 | 09:54 PM
MNROD
Road Captain

I've seen one in my neck of the woods and it was different, but looked pretty cool.

Old 06-16-2009 | 11:21 PM
frankjake
Road Master

The V-Rod is a awsome bike. I not a bagger fan but I have seen a few with custom bags and they look pretty good.

You won't be disapointed with the performance or handling. I mean it's not a crotch rocket but it's impressive and rides so smooth.

I'm 6'6" and it was a bit cramped but really not much more than my new Fat Bob. I put forward controls on my v-rod and it made all the difference in the world.

The stock seat is lacking, not nearly as comfortable as the stock Fat Bob seat but a gel pad will take care of that or an aftermarket seat.

Old 06-17-2009 | 10:37 AM
fphilli1
|
6th Gear

Thanks for all the notes and pics. I did not know that the v-rod ran so hot.. Does it have a six speed? or can you change the final gear ratio on the trans to reduce the rpm's at road speed??? I still think the v-rod bagger and trikes are very cool and deserve the attention..... Thanks again and keep the chatter up we might all learn some stuff......

Quick Reply: V-ROD Bagger