General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G. Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:09 PM
MNROD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vet767
Thank you MNROD. I believe MN is next weekend. Since I am gainfully unemployed I just might ride up there next weekend. After all, it is about riding, isn't it?

Hey, I'm unemployed too! I should be hittin' the Tri-States rallies! Let me know if you head up there.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:28 AM
bjryman
Tourer

What some folks don't understand about the RIDING rally's is that the party is a small part. It is the great planned out optional rides that allow us all to share the great riding as seen by the local chapters.

We just completed the Indiana State Rally last weekend. There were 350+ bikes that gathered in Evansville IN on Friday. Great fellowship and sharing...folks came from many surrounding States.

On Friday night we took over Cheesburger in Paradise until 12 midnight (so much for 7pm going to bed).

Next day there were five different kinds of rides, with the most challenging being a 4 hour romp through some very heavy twisties and beautiful countryside.

Ended up in Columbus, IN with a whole bunch of activities, including our Chapters main MDA fair for the local community.

One issue that probably does make a difference to those not affiliated with H.O.G. These event rides are No Alcohol affairs. The parties are not, but the daily rides, games, activities etc are

Anyway, next year's Indiana Rally is already in the planning stages and again will be a riding rally from Richmond Inidana, along the Ohio River valley to Madison IN

If you go to rally's where they don't ride, I'd be bored.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to the NC rally this year. It's in Mt Airy (Mayberry). Real close to the blue ridge parkway, and lot's of nice wineries.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:31 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

HOG Rallies are pretty cool. As others have said, you only get out what you put in to it. The first couple we attended was a blast. After that its what you make of it. If you go on some of the rides and attend some of the events you will have some fun. If you stay in your room, it will most likely suck. After all, its all about motorcycles and riding. If you have a group to go with you can't go wrong.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:52 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

All of these poast above 100% correct, depending on who you are. I attended many HOG rallys back in the 90s, and enjoyed them all. I have also been to everything from a 1%er hard core biker rally to a Christian bilker rally, all have some good and some not so good things about them. All in all for me, it's the RIDE, not the destination. I would love too get to do it all over again!----- Or just PART of it!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Here's hoping for a H.O.G. WILD party at the GA rally! I think I will check it out, but not stay overnight.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:04 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by aviator
I made the Texas rally last year - the best part was I worked registration. the rest of it sucked. I won't go back.
I thought the Beach Boys were pretty good.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:49 PM
TennesseeEG
Cruiser

Just got back from Helen, Ga today.
The riding was GREAT, but..traffic...bumper to bumper; motel...$100.00; 16oz draft beer..$4; median age...about 100. The fastest pace in town is the hundreds of people floating down a creek (Chattahoochie River) on neon inter tubes. Hey, I actually enjoyed watching them after about a dozen of them there $4.00 beers!

Oh yea, my wife is making me go back this coming weekend. Go figure.

Did I forget to say the ride was great?

Old 08-23-2009, 10:05 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeEG
Just got back from Helen, Ga today.
The riding was GREAT, but..traffic...bumper to bumper; motel...$100.00; 16oz draft beer..$4; median age...about 100. The fastest pace in town is the hundreds of people floating down a creek (Chattahoochie River) on neon inter tubes. Hey, I actually enjoyed watching them after about a dozen of them there $4.00 beers!

Oh yea, my wife is making me go back this coming weekend. Go figure.

Did I forget to say the ride was great?
That describes Helen on a nice summer weekend. Next weekend will be that times 4. Traffic will be backed up to Hiawassee. If it were me trying to get there, I'll take Richard B. Russell, come in the back way to GA75, and walk the last mile or so to downtown.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
It's like a quilting bee........only with trailers.
Trailer's are for boat's