General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G. Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:24 AM
robbieaz62
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a weird atmosphere at the Arizona one. The various chapters seemed to pretty much keep to themselves and it seemed like everyone was taking the chapter challenge way too seriously. At least that was my impression. We just hung out in a hotel room, got trashed, and made a lot of noise. Not much else to do ...

Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
The Georgia HOG rally is in Helen, Ga this year, which is near the mountains, so at least some good riding can be had. There's a couple of decent bars to get stupid in. I might just do a day trip if it's as lame as you guys say it is.
Getting stupid is something I'm good at.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

It sounds like the HOG chapter is where you go to die...

Old 06-18-2009, 11:40 AM
rockhard69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been to several HOG rallies over the years, most only have a handfull of vendors, usually old stuff they can't sell in their shops. If you like to party, forget it, HOG does not offically allow beer at most rallies. They are ok to go to, but are usaully boring, bike bingo and mellow bike games are the norm. Most do usually have some interesting areas to check out.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:50 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MNROD
Hey, ya'll,

Since this is my first year with a Harley, I don't know what to expect at a HOG rally. We have one coming up about 4 hours away from where I live in Minnesota and I'm thinking about making the trip.

What can you tell me about it? Fun? Worth the trip?

http://www.mnstatehogrally.com/schedule.html
This is the third year for Duluth to hold the Minnesota State HOG Rally. Our chapter has been involved in helping, but this year because of the National in OK happening at the same time. There will not be too much involvement by our Chapter.

What I can tell you is Duluth is beautiful to ride through. Go up the North Shore in to Two Harbors and Grand Maris. It is really nice and I would bet that you will find a lot of riders that head up that way. You can go into Superior WI and drive through WI, Awsome roads and beautiful scenery. There are some things going on at the clubs at night. Once you register you will get all of the information.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If ya'll live long enough, ya'll just might get some clue to what it is about. I will leave tomorrow morning for the WI state rally. Rain or shine, and right now rain is most likely. It's about riding. I will get there and meet friends I see all of the time and those I only see at a rally, as we live too far apart, and we will ride, because it is about riding. I will make new friends that I hope to see again, and we will ride, because it is about riding. Yeah, we will drink too much, party too much get bored, do all the things we would do sitting in our backyards. But we will be amongst friends that share something, we all love to ride, and enjoy each other and we will be away from our backyards, our cares and worries, for a couple of days . And yes, we may be geezers living in the past but the truth tho, is that some day everyone gets there. A rally, HOG or Sturgis, is what you make of it, I leave tomorrow to have the time of my life for the next two days and I have had the time of my life in places many only dream about.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:07 PM
MNROD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by vet767
If ya'll live long enough, ya'll just might get some clue to what it is about. I will leave tomorrow morning for the WI state rally. Rain or shine, and right now rain is most likely. It's about riding. I will get there and meet friends I see all of the time and those I only see at a rally, as we live too far apart, and we will ride, because it is about riding. I will make new friends that I hope to see again, and we will ride, because it is about riding. Yeah, we will drink too much, party too much get bored, do all the things we would do sitting in our backyards. But we will be amongst friends that share something, we all love to ride, and enjoy each other and we will be away from our backyards, our cares and worries, for a couple of days . And yes, we may be geezers living in the past but the truth tho, is that some day everyone gets there. A rally, HOG or Sturgis, is what you make of it, I leave tomorrow to have the time of my life for the next two days and I have had the time of my life in places many only dream about.

Nicely put. I'm headed to the Minnesota rally because I've never been to anything before like it and hope to meet some cool people. Have fun in Wisconsin.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:39 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you MNROD. I believe MN is next weekend. Since I am gainfully unemployed I just might ride up there next weekend. After all, it is about riding, isn't it?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:12 AM
GA02Heritage
Intermediate

Tony P,
Thought about going to the Georgia rally myself since I only live about 35 miles from Helen. If the rallies are as bad as everything I have read here think I will stay home, avoid the heavy crowd and go to Helen the following weekend. May see you up there sometime.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:45 AM
SpoilSport
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HOG Rally is not a bad thing. After re-reading my post I may have been too harsh on myself. I have been a member for a few years. There are a lot of good people in the Chapters, who will give you the shirt off their back.

The activities are geared toward Chapter competitions, so you are there for representing the group not yourself. So you must abide by the rank and structure of your own Chapter. After hours is your own business and you can feel free to do what you want.

The riding is good ... It's what you want to make out of it.

Quick Reply: H.O.G. Rally